• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Wildlife & Reptile Licensing bodies.

Not open for further replies.


Site Admin
Staff member
Below is a list of all the contacts and relevant information I could find on reptile (and other wildlife to a degree) licensing bodies for the various States and Territories. If any information is incorrect/could be altered/needs to be added, please point it out and share. The Wiki used to have this info until it died.


Information taken from the following link - http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/wildlifelicences/ReptileKeepersLicence.htm

02 9585 6406

Email: wildlife.licensing@environment.nsw.gov.au
Postal address: Wildlife Licensing, National Parks and Wildlife Service, PO Box 1967, Hurstville BC NSW 1481

How to get a Reptile Keepers License in NSW - http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/wildlifelicences/GettingAReptileKeepersLicence.htm

Information taken from the following link - https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/wildlife-permits/recreational-licence/
Online form for applying for a license - https://www.derm.qld.gov.au/rwl/faces/jsp/login.jsp

For further information, contact the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP) via email palm@ehp.qld.gov.au or phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Information taken from the following link -- http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/environm...nd-trading-wildlife/private-wildlife-licences
Private wildlife Application Form - http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/__data/a...ation-for-a-Private-Wildlife-Licence-15_3.pdf

Further information can be got by calling the DELWP Customer Service Centre on 136 186

Information taken from the following link - http://parksandwildlife.nt.gov.au/permits/wildlife#.VrahC1mW6tY
Information on the Permit to Keep Protected or Prohibited Wildlife - http://parksandwildlife.nt.gov.au/permits/wildlife/keep#.Vrahj1mW6tY
Permit form - http://lrm.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/11453/permit_keep_wildlife.pdf

More information can be got from

Parks and Wildlife Service Permits Office
Ground Floor, Goyder Centre
Chung Wah Terrace
PO Box 496
Palmerston NT 0830

Tel: (+61 8) 8999 4795 or (+61 8) 8999 4814
Fax: (+61 8) 8999 4524
Email: pwpermits.nretas@nt.gov.au

Information taken from the following link - http://www.tams.act.gov.au/parks-conservation/plants_and_animals/animal_licensing
Downloadable application Form - http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/470799/Standard-Licence-Application-2015.pdf
Downloadable record book - http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/740933/NCA2014-ACT-Record-Book-worksheet.pdf

For more information, contact tams.lc@act.gov.au

Information taken from the following link - https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/plants-and-animals/licences-and-permits
Fauna Licenses for Herpetofauna - https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/plants-a...d-permits/134-fauna-licences?showall=&start=4
Downloadable Application Form - https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/images/d...auna/herpetofauna/Herp_Keeper_Application.pdf
Approved Reptile Keeping list - https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/images/d...una/Approved_reptile_keeping_lists_-_2013.pdf

Further information on the licensing requirements is available from DPaW Wildlife Licensing Section
Phone: (08) 9219 9834

Email: wildlifelicensing@dpaw.wa.gov.au


Information taken from the following source - http://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/wildlife-management/forms-and-permits
Herpetology Permit - http://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/wildlife-management/forms-and-permits/herpetology-permit
Herpetology in Tasmania Code of Practise - http://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/wildlife-m...reptiles-in-captivity/herpetology-in-tasmania

More information can be gathered by contacting
Wildlife Management Branch
134 Macquarie Street
GPO Box 44
Phone: 03 6165 4305
Fax: 03 6173 0253
Email: wildlife.reception@dpipwe.tas.gov.au


Very Well-Known Member
Only just found this thread, looking for info for someone else. Great job Stuart, except for one omission (hint: what state am I in?) :)


New Member
Hey guys. What's the process when buying interstate and the species cross over from advanced to basic licenses from state to state?!

For example, if a Lacey is advanced in NSW/QLD but listed on basic here in Vic, am I able to purchase a lacey from QLD on a basic lic here in Vic?

Flaviemys purvisi

Very Well-Known Member
Trusted Seller
Hey guys. What's the process when buying interstate and the species cross over from advanced to basic licenses from state to state?!

For example, if a Lacey is advanced in NSW/QLD but listed on basic here in Vic, am I able to purchase a lacey from QLD on a basic lic here in Vic?
Hey mate, you just have to do what's required by your own state, for instance, I just imported a male ELN for breeding purposes to QLD from VIC. In VIC there's no licence required for this species at all and the seller just needed to organise an export permit however EVERYTHING in QLD must be accompanied by movement advice which I (the buyer) had to generate and use to import. In QLD, we no longer have import or export permits, we just use the standard movement advice forms now for everything which makes life easy (for us), I daresay you will need to organise an import permit for a Lacey from QLD to Vic.


Well-Known Member
Hey ya'll its your fav at APS, first off i got on doctor Google and came up with sweet AF :oops:... I was and am after snake identification posters, where can one pick them up for QLD NSW n VIC reptiles? I have the NT ones. I have rung NPAWL national geographic nothing.. any suggestions?


Very Well-Known Member
Queensland, drought one day, flooded the next.
Rick, do you know what is really scary? When you drive past the turn in to Snowtown, there is a sign saying "Home of the Big Blade". :eek:
Given the events that culminated in the old bank, not a good look. The Big Blade is actually one of the original wind farm propellors.
Not open for further replies.