wildlife rescue animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, some of you may remember, we had a sick possum turn up. Well after 2 months of care a treatment it has gone from this

DSCF5217.jpg

DSCF5216.jpg

To this
DSCF5460.jpg

Not the best pic but it has come leaps and bounds since we first got her.

So tonight we get to release her back into the wild! Exciting stuff!

I think it is pretty tricky to stuff up a release, but it should be fine. She came from our backyard so she will be going straight back there.

She has no choice, she can't stay in the aviary now lol. I've moved her hollow from the aviary into a chocolate pudding fruit tree a few metres away so she should be pretty happy and still has the same home to live in. I suppose wer could think of her as trailor trash with a mobile home lol.

Is the kingfisher a rehab job or are you allowed to keep them in the NT?

I like it when it all goes well :)

There she goes high up into the tree tops. Good luck little girl :cry:

IMG_6790.jpg

Mate don't want to rain on your parade but a possum out in daylight (especially at the top of a tree) is not a good thing. It's either still sick or something like other possums or domestic animals have it stressed

Mate don't want to rain on your parade but a possum out in daylight (especially at the top of a tree) is not a good thing. It's either still sick or something like other possums or domestic animals have it stressed

Mate my parade hasn't been rained on. The ammount of light is due to good photography, it was released at twilight and was completely dark within 30 mins. She ran straight up the tree when i put her on the trunk. I would have preferred total darkness to release her but some fellas wanted to film it.

I LOVE blue winged Kookaburra's......you lucky bugger!

Yes i am!!! I got offered the job of looking after a boobook owl and some kind of hawk/eagle that i can't remember the name of (it was brown with a white head and neck and about as big as a large duck). But my permit doesn't cover raptors. SPEWIN!!! trying to upgrade my permit for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back