Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

shamous1 donated book to APS.
Admins decided to give our young members chance to win this beautiful book.

The person entering this challenge must be under 16 years old.

Please write short story about how you get interested in reptiles and how you started your herp hobby.

Story should be about 100 words.

Admins and shamous1 will award the book to one of the contestants.

Please reply with your story here in this topic.

Hi first got interested in herps when I was 10 years old. A guy brought a children's python to my school and I held it and talked to the guy about it. That week I went up to the pet shop (where he worked) and got all the information i needed. $200 for hatchling children’s python. I begged and begged and begged my parents for 2 whole years and was obsessed with all reptiles, going to reptile shows and bushwalks all the time.
Finally last November when I was 12 I emailed a local breeder about children’s pythons he said he had one Spotted Python for $150 so me and my parents went out to have a look and after 3 weeks i was thrilled to finally have a snake.
Last month I got a Coastal Carpet and 2 blue tongues.

Cam

The Book

Hi youngsters,

Here's a bit of info on the book up for grabs.

It is titled "The Great Big Book Of Snakes & Reptiles." There is over 70 photgraphs and Illustrations of snakes, crocs, lizards & turtles and is 255 pages long.

It covers things such as reproduction, how the animals work, shapes and sizes, defence, communication, body temps etc etc.

Great book for a newbie or a youngster getting into reptiles.

I will forward the book from home and pay the postage on behalf of APS.

If anyone else is interested in any of these books I have 3 left. They sell for $25.00 in the shops and I can get them postage paid to you for $28.00. PM for any info

Regards,

Shane

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 125
Hi mate. Under 16 what? I know what you mean! You earn just under $16,000 a quarter!:lol:

If I can start earning some commission, I can earn ***** loads more than that per quarter. I can earn that in a month. Hasn't happened yet though. But at the moment, your way ahead of me. :)

Oh, and it is a great thing you are doing. Well done!!! :) :)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just giving back a little something as I have learnt & gained so much being a member of this site. ;) Am I sucking up enough yet.:lol:

My obbsession started when i was born i think, i was always out at the local creek or paddocks looking for animals, mainly bugs and reptiles. First snake i ever caught was a baby brown (whoops) So when i was about 9 1/2 i started to say tricky thing to my parents like, " Did you know snake eat there food whole" and i would leave my birthday wish list laying around in an obvious place with the word "snake" written on it many times. And i spent hours and hours reading books on reptiles (i didnt know how to use the computer then) and even longer looking at pics of them. So i found out i needed a license, left the form next to my birthday wish list. I got my first snake, a childrens python for my 10th birthday from Splitmore (a champion guy by the way) And since then i have been growing my collection. Now I am attempting to breed but with not much succes:(

cheers

Just giving back a little something as I have learnt & gained so much being a member of this site. ;) Am I sucking up enough yet.:lol:

WHat about me?? I taught you everything. SHall I list them:

1. How to spend money
2. How to make your wife angry
3. How to teach your kids to lie
4. How to teach your kids to keep lying
5. Where to file for divorce if need be ;)
6. How to keep spending money.

Comon young members, this price will be wan by one of you by 30.9.2006.

put your entry in.

Hi there Mr Slateman,
I am only new to this site however I have a proposition for you. I understand that this book will be considered first prize and the only prize available in this competition?
If there were to be a second book made available....would you agree that we may stir up twice the response?
If so let me know if you are interested in a second donation.
Kind regards.

Can I enter on behalf of my daughter? She's only 9, and already owns two green tree frogs and two shinglebacks!

She isn't a member of the forum formally, but she is a junior herper. And she would just adore the book (she's a BIG reader- and if its about reptiles- its pages would be worn in a heartbeat!!)

EDIT: Had to clarify, I myself wouldn't be entering for my daughter- she will tell me what to say, but she would be signed in under my account if that makes sense.

Can I enter on behalf of my daughter? She's only 9, and already owns two green tree frogs and two shinglebacks!

She isn't a member of the forum formally, but she is a junior herper. And she would just adore the book (she's a BIG reader- and if its about reptiles- its pages would be worn in a heartbeat!!)

EDIT: Had to clarify, I myself wouldn't be entering for my daughter- she will tell me what to say, but she would be signed in under my account if that makes sense.

Let her write the entry. This will be fine.

Hi there Mr Slateman,
I am only new to this site however I have a proposition for you. I understand that this book will be considered first prize and the only prize available in this competition?
If there were to be a second book made available....would you agree that we may stir up twice the response?
If so let me know if you are interested in a second donation.
Kind regards.

This will be great, Do you realize that you would have to pay for postage to winning person address?

Hi, my name is Emily Mather and im 11 years old and i didnt have a choice in liking reptiles.
Mum and dad have had reptiles since i was born and then they started the sth cst herp society and i have been to every meeting.
I like to sell the raffle tickets and meet the guest speakers - especially John Cann cos he is a nice person. I like to see what everyone else has at the reptile show. I have got my own reptiles and they are blotch blueys, bearded dragons, and black head python.
I like to help dad with the snakes and goannas and its my job to feed the baby beardies and help mum feed the baby diamonds when they are born.
All of my friends like coming over to see our stuff.
Emily Mather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back