Winter herping, Vic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well things have settled right down in the field herping forum so I thought I'd post a few of the critters I've still been able to find in the cold weather (nothing special but there isn't much to see at the moment).

Crinia signifera
site0032.jpg

Litoria ewingi, 3 colour variations at the one small pond
site0028.jpg

site0029.jpg

site0027.jpg

Geocrinia victoriana
site0025.jpg

Saproscincus mustelinus
site0026.jpg

Lampropholis guichenoti
site0038.jpg

Pseudemoia entrecastauxii
site0033.jpg

Parasuta flagellum
site0034.jpg

Austrelaps superbus
site0035.jpg

With the cold weather I've had to pay a bit more attention to the feathered reptiles to keep busy (all photographed from the comfort of my bedroom).
Yellow faced honey-eater
site0030.jpg

Red wattle bird
site0037.jpg

New holland honey-eater
site0036.jpg

Eastern spinebill
site0031.jpg

From your room ey?? Lucky duck!
All i see from my room is an old vicious boxer (neighbours) who likes to scare my mum when she hangs out the washing

Noooo birds are the dark side, you may never come back if you go to far. :O Just spend winter planning all the great summer trips you will do.

Nice shots in the middle of winter... the Lampropholis still looks like he's just waking up! How lucky to have all those birds from your window; all I see are Indian Mynas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Greg, I do edit my photos for sharpness, but there's no need to post "good copies" on the net.
The garden outside my window is planted with native a Correa, Grevillea and a nice running postman that's just coming into flower so the nectar feeders love it.

Jordo,
That was a good collection of shots from the winter. The Little Whip was particularly nice.

Regards,
David

Thanks folks.
Hopefully find something new in a few weeks.

Ballarat, Dunkeld and the northern suburbs of Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back