wiring thermostats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig23

Reaction score
hi guys, i use to wire my own thermostats but its been a while, and they seem to have changed the diagram to something i cant understand over the last few years.

Im wiring basic IMIT wall thermostat as sold by herpshop. They have 6 terminals in the following order,
1,3,2,4,5,6 Its my understanding positive goes into terminal 1, Negative goes into termial 2.
After this im stumped.

Could someone who knows please fill me in.

Cheers

Craig Coleman

just to clarify, it actually only has 3 terminals, 1,3,2 however there is a blank space for up to 6, and the diagram illistrates 6.

thanks for any help

It's actually illegal for anyone on here to give you that advice! Someone might Pm it you but they won't reply to this thread with the information you are seeking.

My advice to you would be take it to an electrical wholesaler (John R turks, TLE, Rexel, Lawrence and hanson, Salmon Bro's) and ask one of the guys behind the counter...but doing your own thermostats is still not the best thing in the world.Seeing as your house insurance wont cover you if something goes wrong and a fire is started due to a lose connection>Increased resistance=Increased heat output> Increased heat = even more resistance (aka Thermal Run-away)> Burns out the terminal block/and or causes insulation failure and/or causes a short to earth which can cause a fire due to the arc + the heat.

I have no idea about the thermostat in question but in general only the active is switched. On my thermostat here it has three terminals. One is just a loop/unused terminal though, ie, neutral and earth (if being used) do not go into the thermostat at all. Other terminals are active in and out. As was mentioned it may be best to head down and talk to a professional. Better to get the right answer when dealing with electricity. I'm actually an apprentice sparky and if there is something that has been drilled into me, its to ask when your not sure, and test before hooking up the juice.

for everyones info, im wiring them myself and then getting an electricion to check them, i am well aware that electricity is dangerous and can cause fires, please spare the kindergarden lession. If anyone knows please email me.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back