Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and checked my pondtite job on the second rock wall and it was a pretty big fail lol. There is a white buildup of pondtite in places. Anyone know a way to remove buildup after it has been drying for 12 hours or so? Also, the glass I ordered wasnt quite the right sizes, though after a few modifications it now fits :)

Maybe try drying it with a blow drier? The white is just where it's thicker and hasn't dried out.

Sounds like you put it on way to thick. Several (I use 4) thin layers as per the instructions as never let me down. Allow 24 hours between coats.
No one said DIY was done overnight and if you do it properly it will take a good three weeks for render, painting, sealing and airing out. Rush jobs always have problems or 'fails'
I'm not inferring its what has happened here, yours sound like it was applied to thick.
You can sand just the section back and thinly coat it back up

Sounds like you put it on way to thick. Several (I use 4) thin layers as per the instructions as never let me down. Allow 24 hours between coats.
No one said DIY was done overnight and if you do it properly it will take a good three weeks for render, painting, sealing and airing out. Rush jobs always have problems or 'fails'
I'm not inferring its what has happened here, yours sound like it was applied to thick.
You can sand just the section back and thinly coat it back up

Yeah I applied it too thick, kind of thought it was too thick as I was doing it. The sprayer was just being very selective as to where it wanted to apply the pondtite properly. The first one turned out well and I thought it was about as thick as the first one, must have been wrong lol.

I brush it on, easier to control that way. Each layer goes on at right angles to the previous layer, that how you get a good seal :)

any updates !? looks like an awesome project.

Currently in Sydney until Friday, so won't have updates until the weekend. Should have the woma and yellow faced whip snake enclosures done by the end of the weekend :)

Currently in Sydney until Friday, so won't have updates until the weekend. Should have the woma and yellow faced whip snake enclosures done by the end of the weekend :)

have to admit never really heard of yellow faced whip snakes being kept in captivitiy but that's awesome man! have you already got the whip or are you buying it?

have to admit never really heard of yellow faced whip snakes being kept in captivitiy but that's awesome man! have you already got the whip or are you buying it?

I now have it, paid for it a few weeks ago and just picked it up tonight. So cute, still a juvi.

want to share a picture :lol:

one of the cutest snakes...

This is Kiiro :)
DSC_4836_zps530c64c6.jpg

Got back from Sydney on Tuesday to a bunch of packages filled with goodies for my enclosures :)
DSC_4910_zpsa209f478.jpg

Lilly's enclosure is now complete (glass and perspex have been taken off for the photo as the hide is so big that I have to take the perspex off just to take it out :|)
DSC_4911_zpsa6ad2ccc.jpg

The electronics side of things.
DSC_4914_zps90c48476.jpg

Happy new occupant :)
DSC_4916_zpsdd5d57eb.jpg

Lilly checking out my hard work.
DSC_4918_zpse020e4be.jpg

If it stops raining I will get back to the double enclosure and try to finish those two as well.

Have now pretty much finished the top enclosure for either a hypo coastal female or an albino darwin male.
With doors closed.
DSC_4955_zps90c11e3a.jpg

Doors open so you can see my little jungle a bit better.
DSC_4957_zps6448ef55.jpg

I still need to route out the channels, for the heat cord, into a 30cm x 35cm piece of melamine. After that I can add the sand and decorations to finish it off.
The rock wall is now in place.
DSC_4958_zps17858f75.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back