Woma hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biasi

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am looking to get a hatchling woma python in the next few months and have been speeking to a breeder, but i wanted to get your opinions on something.

Is a 60 x 45 x 45cm tank too big for a hatchling woma python to live in for about a year

It's a little on the large side for a hatchling but they're larger babies than most other Australian pythons and grow pretty quickly. If you get a bold feeder it should be okay. If you're using floor heat (which for a Woma I 110% suggest you use) it will be easy enough to get a smaller tub to put inside the 60cm enclosure if it doesn't seem happy in the big one. Just make sure the small tub is less than half on the heat source.

It's a little on the large side for a hatchling but they're larger babies than most other Australian pythons and grow pretty quickly. If you get a bold feeder it should be okay. If you're using floor heat (which for a Woma I 110% suggest you use) it will be easy enough to get a smaller tub to put inside the 60cm enclosure if it doesn't seem happy in the big one. Just make sure the small tub is less than half on the heat source.

Thanks,
The breeder I’ve been talking to said to buy a smaller click clack for it to live in and then to buy the 60cm tank. If I was to do that do you think a 41 x 27 x 15cm tank would be big enough for about 6-8 months before upgrading?

Thanks in advance

Thanks,
The breeder I’ve been talking to said to buy a smaller click clack for it to live in and then to buy the 60cm tank. If I was to do that do you think a 41 x 27 x 15cm tank would be big enough for about 6-8 months before upgrading?

Thanks in advance

If you're going to buy a plastic tub (which is what I'd do) just get yourself a plastic tub then when it outgrows it put it into whatever you plan to keep it in as an adult. They actually do well in much smaller tubs than you expect. To give you an idea of how much they like small tubs, if you have a snake which is unhappy and not feeling comfortable feeding, it's very common that putting it into a tub which is 'far too small' makes it feel happy and it will feed well and be a nice content animal.

If you're going to buy a plastic tub (which is what I'd do) just get yourself a plastic tub then when it outgrows it put it into whatever you plan to keep it in as an adult. They actually do well in much smaller tubs than you expect. To give you an idea of how much they like small tubs, if you have a snake which is unhappy and not feeling comfortable feeding, it's very common that putting it into a tub which is 'far too small' makes it feel happy and it will feed well and be a nice content animal.

Sorry I meant to say, the 41 x 21x 15 is a click clack so does that help or would you go even smaller

Sorry I meant to say, the 41 x 21x 15 is a click clack so does that help or would you go even smaller

Personally I'd go smaller but it's really not a big deal and should be fine either way. If you get a good feeder it won't matter :)

Okay cheers, I don’t mean to be a pain just want to know everything before buying.

edit: Do you know any good woma breeders in Sydney or the surrounding areas? Currently I’m just hoping to find some in an expo in March next year.

Okay cheers, I don’t mean to be a pain just want to know everything before buying.

edit: Do you know any good woma breeders in Sydney or the surrounding areas? Currently I’m just hoping to find some in an expo in March next year.

I stopped keeping Womas a few years ago as did some friends and I haven't been paying much attention to who's breeding what in the Woma world in Sydney. If you are happy to freight I can recommend a good Woma breeder from Victoria.

I stopped keeping Womas a few years ago as did some friends and I haven't been paying much attention to who's breeding what in the Woma world in Sydney. If you are happy to freight I can recommend a good Woma breeder from Victoria.

Uhh, I think I’ll be alright. I think I found someone. Thanks for all you help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back