Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nagini-baby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just been noticing latley that the woma prices have dropped considerably and was just on the urs website and they are as low as $160! .. thats crazy... im looking at a yearling male for $400 and he is a total sweety and is very placid.. just wondering why such a huge difference?

i got my boy bout 6weeks old in december for 275 i think including delivery
and he has never bitten me at all

Probably because there are so many around now. Having them drop from class 2 to class 1 has made them much more accessible now

A few months ago I notcied that the average price for a woma was $400, but now the average seems to be $300 or less!

Doesn't it have to do with the locality of the woma? I hear WA woma's got for a lot more.

yea it does. the wa is the cheapest they have for sale.. as i said it doesnt make sense..

We still get the odd Woma being sold for over $1000, but that is normally for the looks of the womas and age.
The average price for womas in WA is around $800-$500.

Last edited:
"Woma price crash?" It's not a crash, it's a price adjustment. :D

A few months ago I notcied that the average price for a woma was $400, but now the average seems to be $300 or less!

But they are your standard tanami's or SA locale yes you may come across some from WA around that price but i have no issues clearing mine for the price i ask.
If you can score an animal you like at a price you think is fair then that is a bonus. I noticed that URS may have them cheap but the don't have alot and on SR their WA are $500+
At the end of the day it all comes down to supply and demand and what you think is quality or not....... joys of a free market

Think it's a trend for all common species atm, more and more people breeding but not sure if the amount of buyers is keeping up, hence people drop the price to try and sell them others see the price and match it. As mentioned, simple supply and demand.

yea when i first looked into them yrs ago i would never have dreamed i could have afforded one..

yeah $200 for a woma is great, you can't get a better first python imo, and you could never be disappointed by getting one so cheaply, so much better than a puppy of a bird lol... ok may not be as good as a puppy but def better than a lousy cat ;)

regardless of price they are a must have in any collection absolutely love my death.
I picked up a new adult female boodarie for my breeding group from TB the other day (currently in shed, post pic soon).
I can say for the boodaries fans watch this space as there are some truley amazing animals that are out there that will match any BHP patterns on the market for different strips.
So much potential across all the locales. Let the good times roll :)

yeah $200 for a woma is great, you can't get a better first python imo, and you could never be disappointed by getting one so cheaply, so much better than a puppy of a bird lol... ok may not be as good as a puppy but def better than a lousy cat ;)

+1 :) are these your WA's?

im not looking to breed any snakes its purely for a pet.. any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back