Woma Python Bedding Suggestion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerdallica

Reaction score
What does everyone keep their Woma's on? Researching on the internet it seems like every substrate will cause eminent death. (This is an exaggeration) Having used the search function here it didnt seem to turn much up.

I should add that this would be my first snake so i don't have previous experience to go off of.

I haven't kept woma's, but I have kept a couple black headed pythons (which are a similar species), and I've tried a few different substrates. My two favorites would be breeders choice cat litter, as it's easy to clean and absorbs the smell rather well, and newspaper as it's cheap and also easy to clean. You could try aspen bedding as it allows the snake to burrow, however it's a bit more expensive than the first two options.

I haven't kept woma's, but I have kept a couple black headed pythons (which are a similar species), and I've tried a few different substrates. My two favorites would be breeders choice cat litter, as it's easy to clean and absorbs the smell rather well, and newspaper as it's cheap and also easy to clean. You could try aspen bedding as it allows the snake to burrow, however it's a bit more expensive than the first two options.
+1 (except that I have kept Womas).

I keep my Woma on Dustless paper kitty litter, she seems to like it OK. It keeps smell down and the fluids get soaked up so it can be removed.

Back