Woma python hatchling enclosure

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by Biasi, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Biasi

Biasi New Member

Hey all, I am looking at buying a hatchling woma python and am looking at enclosures. I have an old 45x45x45 exo terra I am looking to repurpose. Do you think this is big enough to house a hatchling woma for at least a year. If so does anyone know any good woma breeders in Sydney

2. MattPat

MattPat Not so new Member

I would say that would be fine, although it might feel a bit insecure with all the exposed glass

3. Melmy

Melmy Not so new Member

No it won’t be big enough. They grow very quickly. My daughters woma is 10 months old, just over a metre long and very active and inquisitive. We are about to move her from a 2ft (60cm) enclosure into a 4ft (1.2m) enclosure. We had her in a 45 cm tub when we got her at 5 months old and she was too big for it within a month or two.
    She gets fed once a week and also gets to go outside on sunny days (she likes to poop outside lol)
    I’d recommend getting a 4ft enclosure, and putting your hatchie in a tub to start with then straight into the 4 ft.

burningfyra and -Adam- like this.
  4. Biasi

Biasi New Member

Okay thanks, I only have a children’s python as of now and have only done light research on womas. Thanks for the info

Melmy likes this.
  5. -Adam-

-Adam- Not so new Member

I'm not experienced, but what Melmy said - about them growing fast is something I've heard quite a bit regarding the Woma's, and to be prepared in advance.

6. MattPat

MattPat Not so new Member

I still think it would be fine. And I have a 2 year old Woma that I've raised from a hatchling