Woma Python not pooping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zer0tonin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so my young (4 month old) woma python hasn't pooped in almost three weeks. I'm feeding him a fuzzy rat once a week, and he has been fed three times now, with no poop. I make sure every feeding that he never swallows any substrate by feeding him outside his enclosure. He is still passing urates, and eats like an absolute machine when I offer the food.
The other part of the mystery is that he is usually very active in the evenings, zooming around his enclosure in the darkness, but since he stopped pooping, he's also been hiding almost 24/7. He usually comes out to look for food on feeding days because he clearly gets hungry, but other than that, he sleeps at the hot end all day and night so far as I can tell (I'm not here most of the day).

If this was my Bredli, I would assume he is shedding and expect him to lose the skin after about a week. However, the woma has been like this for about three weeks now. No milky eyes either. I tried giving him a warm bath today with a body massage (very pampered snake) with no result. Starting to worry.

Should I see a vet? Or is his shedding cycle just ridiculously long?

Pink and fuzzy rats don’t really produce much waste, I’d say the small amount of waste is probably being held till he sheds.
I would continue to offer food as usual and stop worrying!

Ooh now i have to say their are 2 solutions one is expect that your snake has impacion which is a possibiltiy or else like chris said dont worry [[[BUT IF HE DOESNT POOP FOR MUCH LONGER YOU MUST TAKE HIM TO THE VET]]]

Latest posts

Back