Woma Python Photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Today I was able to photograph a very handsome and charming little Woma Python. He was such a little character. One of the most placid snakes I've ever had the opportunity to handle. I'm sure many of you are aware of my fondness for melanistic, or black and white animals, but the colours on this little guy were simply amazing. I found it difficult trying to capture them in photo form.

I'd like to think that when it comes to Australian pythons, my true love is carpet pythons, but I have to admit womas are pretty awesome. Hope you enjoy the photos. I'll probably post more sometime in the near future.

Woma Python (Aspidites ramsayi) by Kayla Higginson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Today I was able to photograph a very handsome and charming little Woma Python. He was such a little character. One of the most placid snakes I've ever had the opportunity to handle. I'm sure many of you are aware of my fondness for melanistic, or black and white animals, but the colours on this little guy were simply amazing. I found it difficult trying to capture them in photo form.

I'd like to think that when it comes to Australian pythons, my true love is carpet pythons, but I have to admit womas are pretty awesome. Hope you enjoy the photos. I'll probably post more sometime in the near future.

Nice pics , captured the snake really well.
Cute snake to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either I am colourblind, some of you are colourblind, or there are some severely warped colours on some screens out there! That Woma isn't green. No Woma is green. If it actually looks green you need a new screen or an eye check.

Very nice Woma though :) I love the sharp, high contrast and orange belly. Absolutely gorgeous specimen.

Gee guys, I'm sure you've all taken photos where the colour was a bit off. I'm still learning here so may make the occasional mistake every now and then. The white light that I use in my makeshift studio can sometimes cast a blue tone, depending on the subject. In real life the "green" you're seeing is a fluro yellow, at least it is to my eyes. I've tweaked the photos to better represent this. Anyway, the colour looks correct on my screen. Not much I can do about what you're seeing on yours unfortunately. Thanks for the feedback anyway. :)

Gee guys, I'm sure you've all taken photos where the colour was a bit off. I'm still learning here so may make the occasional mistake every now and then. The white light that I use in my makeshift studio can sometimes cast a blue tone, depending on the subject. In real life the "green" you're seeing is a fluro yellow, at least it is to my eyes. I've tweaked the photos to better represent this. Anyway, the colour looks correct on my screen. Not much I can do about what you're seeing on yours unfortunately. Thanks for the feedback anyway. :)
Can we see just a regular photo ahah, have to debunk the mystery!

Doesn't look green to me..... Can also only see the middle picture but I love the shine you've created with your lighting!

I can only see the second pic, but it is spectacular.

Doesn't look green to me..... Can also only see the middle picture but I love the shine you've created with your lighting!

Not sure what happened there. Can you see the other pictures now?

And another one. They're so placid. In case if anyone's wondering these snakes are not mine, although maybe I wouldn't mind some. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back