Woma Size

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by miki_k8, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miki_k8

miki_k8 Not so new Member

Hey, looking to get a woma sometime later this year, however I'm needing a little more information.

When researching them, there seems to be a considerable size difference quoted as the max size (between 1.5m and 2.5m).

From what I can gather, the size is related to the original locale of the snake, but I can't find any definite guide or anything relating the location to the size.

Would anyone be able to contribute and relate the size to the location or be able to clarify anything regarding this? Particularly, what womas are on the smaller side of size?

Thank you!

2. Pauls_Pythons

Pauls_Pythons Power Seller Power Seller

Woma's generally grow to around 5-6ft but there are some specimens that achieve around the 8ft mark.
    More slender than a BHP so dont have the 7-8 kg body mass that some adult BHP's would have, generally I think 5kg would be a decent sized woma.

Not sure if there is a difference in size based on location but sure someone will give you some clear idea on that.

3. Tobe404

Tobe404 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the South-West locales (max out at about 1.5m) are smaller than the North-East locales. I could be wrong though.

4. danyjv

danyjv Active Member

I have a (de grey) woma about 3years old and male, he’s about 1.3 long roughly ( no more then 1.5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ferry bhp

Ferry bhp New Member

20180723_202151.png

20180723_202008.png
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jul 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 23, 2018 ---
    does python woma eat poisonous snakes ??? but why they are preyed on by the mulga snake 20180723_202057.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  6. swampie

swampie Power Seller Power Seller

It’s a snake eat snake world out there Ferry, both species will eat each other, the larger snake on the day will generally be the one that gets the prize...

My RHD Woma adults range from around 1.2-1.5 metres and are quite a stocky build.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.