woma tv unit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of cabinets you can convert for a woma. If you have one that is wide enough you can get around the height issue by having ledges and slopes for it to move up and down. I can visulase one quite nicely but it's a bit hard to explain by typing.

I just searched for retro sideboards and found them on Ebay and Gumtree, something similar to these would work for a woma especially if you extended through the cupboards on the sides of the centre display.

DCSCL2Db.jpg

64517jf_20.jpeg

sideboard-cabinet-re-5925d.jpg

DSC_9049_zps4b6d0740.jpg

A retro sideboard would be a good idea but there people are selling for heaps maybe just an old tv cabinet and do what you suggested

You would find stuff like those sideboards in Salvos/Life Line stores going quite cheap, or you need to be patient on Ebay etc. It took me quite a while to find mine. The sideboard would make a more ideal woma enclosure and allow you to still setup your tv etc on top.

Patience grasshopper... patience.

would a TV unit like this (196cmx130cmx52cm LxHxD) one converted in half through the middle so there would be two enclosures one on top and one underneath would the two enclosure be big enough for one woma python that would go in the underneath enclosure and a bearded dragon or two in the top enclosure?? and I do realise that this picture might not really help but it is the cabinet that I will be doing it with..image.jpg

I think that would be ok, what you will have then is 2 enclosures that are 650mm high each

Just bear in mind it isn't 1960mm wide, the centre is more like 900mm and you would potentially wreck the look of the cabinet if you try to extend into the side cupboards unless you have a contact/friend who is a good cabinet maker.

I think that would be ok, what you will have then is 2 enclosures that are 650mm high each
Yea something along those line maybe a bit smaller because the bottom enclosure will have to have a false ceeling so no cords are running through the above enclosure

i have this 1 to give away, i was going to do a build with it but found that white melamine was more asthetically appealing to me, oh and the drawers are with it...........................................Ron

Attachments

• 20121030_105110.jpg
    20121030_105110.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 43
i have this 1 to give away, i was going to do a build with it but found that white melamine was more asthetically appealing to me, oh and the drawers are with it...........................................Ron
damn , im in coffs wishing port was closer :) thats a nice looking piece and im not normally into conversions myself but thats got some potential to be a nice piece

That would make an awesome triple enclosure Ron. 8)

It has the potential to be something totally awesome, unfortunatly 1 of the deals i did with my wife so i could get my 2 new spotties was to minimize things in the living room and go for a cleaner whiter look, so although it kills me to do it the big unit has to go before i can put my design into action, but back on thread topic i reckon that tv cabinet you have there mitch_hynes could also be something special just make sure before you go at it like a bull at a gate that you get some good advice from Woma owners here on how much actual room you will need for the woma, the beardies won't need as much room as the Woma and the guys here are pretty switched on with there advice on pythons.................................Ron

Last edited:
Ssssnakes on here has a really amazing lowline tv cabinet in one of her albums. It would be pretty simple to do as one long enclosure instead of three and would look really good if you did it in black melamine or wood. I was looking at making something similar to that for one of my womas when I get my own place, but I would probably put cupboards on either end, because you can never have enough storage. :)

tv cabinet.jpg

P.S I hope Ssssnakes doesn't mind me sharing her pic again as while it isn't as impressive as the in wall enclosure it is still pretty cool.

Ssssnakes on here has a really amazing lowline tv cabinet in one of her albums. It would be pretty simple to do as one long enclosure instead of three and would look really good if you did it in black melamine or wood. I was looking at making something similar to that for one of my womas when I get my own place, but I would probably put cupboards on either end, because you can never have enough storage. :)

View attachment 281188

P.S I hope Ssssnakes doesn't mind me sharing her pic again as while it isn't as impressive as the in wall enclosure it is still pretty cool.
that is exactly what I wanted to do but changed my mind to a converted tv unit so I could have two enclosures in one unit.. it looks awesome though

A unit like that would be good with 2/3 for the woma and 1/3 for the lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back