woma x ball python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so by that logic 90% of snakes bred you wouldnt own?
haha good call, but i could still go out and find snakes in natural system that look like the snakes i own, i couldn't find that in ANY natural environment in the world....

Isn't the woma ball just a name? not a cross.
I've watched every episode of snake bytes and there has never been any mention of crossing. I could be wrong.
BHB had naming rights. Next time i'm chatting with Brian via e-mail i'll ask.

i qouldn't want a cross just for the fact that its not NATURAL but thats my opinion :)

Sorry to single you out mate, I know its a common opinion. But man, half the things we are trading aren't natural. They are line bred. Yes they might be the same species, but some are far from the natural snakes you'd find in the wild. Not saying "unnatural" is bad, personally I think it is awesome. I like morphs and I like some crosses. The only reason hybrids are shunned are because our system cannot control breeding and sale to prevent misrepresentation. I mean, if it was applied to humans (a stretch I know) To disagree with crossing a jungle with a diamond is like saying you're against interracial relationships in people... Same species, different locality. Most likely all shared a common ancestor anyway...

Ithere is no way you can say they were ever meant to breed

But they CAN breed and they DID produce viable young. Maybe part of our lords divine plan :lol:

I would like any ball python - I don't care what they are crossed with. I think they all look amazing!

I hate their body shape, morelia for me :D. Now for a boelens......

Last edited:
But they CAN breed and they DID produce viable young. Maybe part of our lords divine plan :lol:
Are the young fertile? I doubt it can't find too much information on this but that would be more proof that its just not meant to be.

Wow, that is one insane looking snake! But i'm still glad that for the most part our native are protected by law regardless of what some people might do with them.

This confunds me, i dont quite understand the point of this. Alas the patterning on the animal is quite remarkable, though i wouldnt own one, let alone attempt to create such a thing.

I think this thread shows a lot of irresponsibility, to be honest.

We already know that there are people here in Aus. who have ball pythons and now it's just a matter of time before some half baked twit thinks this is a fabulous idea and goes and tries it.

These woma balls..as far as snakes go....well I think they'd make fantastic clutch purses.

whats wrong with cross breeds???
my dog is a Japanese Chin X Maltese...and he's one of the best dogs I have ever had.
Most humans are cross bred.
I love the look of Ball Pythons, and I love the different paint jobs that are produced. I have no idea why some members here are against allowing them in the country, how it effects them is beyond me, and to compare them to the canetoad problem is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back