woma x ball python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure Ball Python or Woma x Ball...... i love it!

I wonder how many of the 'purists' would have said they like it from the start if they knew it was a pure ball, but said they didnt like it as it was thought it was a hybrid? lol

That's when preconcieved beliefs and strong stance get in the way of appreciation Jay..... a pretty snake is pretty regardless of it's make up....

its cool ...dont mind it ...have seen worse looking crossz
Gotta love the Aus market :)

That's when preconcieved beliefs and strong stance get in the way of appreciation Jay..... a pretty snake is pretty regardless of it's make up....

Exactly!

People have strived to produce Jungles (locality pure) to look bright, reduced pattern etc etc....... Then other morphs start popping up which look like the animals these breeders are trying to produce, yet they express their utter distaste at these animals, saying they think they are ugly just because they are not locality pure? Stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to call them whatever you want. I don't see it making a difference.

Well it doesn't I was just adding to the thread, Sorry danny

No I encourage it. I actually like the name Womball. Better than Wall Python. Wall is too easy to confuse with other things.

Its more unnatural these species were separated by millions of years of evolution from before the time the continents split there is no way you can say they were ever meant to breed. It is interesting that it is possible and it does look nice.

Never 'meant' to breed? That's supposing that there's some kind of purpose to evolution. There's not, beyond it being blind & guided by natural selection. Saying it's not 'meant' to happen is a rather silly argument that doesn't really fill the is/ought gap.

There is a purpose to evolution. Survival. Breeding with something that would not survive the the same habitat is illogical so where would the offspring live? It wouldn't fit. I say as a pet its very interesting. There is a theory incorporated in evolutionary theory that creatures that aren't the same species will not produce fertile offspring as a safety mechanism to prevent it from happening regularly. It is a different species saying that is ok is like saying a human can breed with apes. Its just wrong.

this was a hatchling (?age?) that I saw in the USA in 2005. The shop said it was a woma x ball python ... it does look like hearts ;)

Attachments

• USA 049.jpg
    USA 049.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 69
There is a purpose to evolution. Survival. Breeding with something that would not survive the the same habitat is illogical so where would the offspring live? It wouldn't fit. I say as a pet its very interesting. There is a theory incorporated in evolutionary theory that creatures that aren't the same species will not produce fertile offspring as a safety mechanism to prevent it from happening regularly. It is a different species saying that is ok is like saying a human can breed with apes. Its just wrong.

There's only purpose insofar as natural selection is concerned. Besides, we're talking about captive animals here. Again, you're commiting a naturalistic fallacy by saying 'it's just wrong' without any real justification. I agree that it does become an issue when different problems (such as neurological) arise.

Hybrid speciation:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070314-hybrids.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back