Woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex.snaith

Reaction score
Hi all,

Interested in getting a Woma Python but unsure which type to get.

I understand that there are
- RHD
- SA
- WA
- Tanami
- De Grey

What's the size difference, pricing and the colour differences?

Cheers, Alex

I have a de grey I bought for $250 . Apparently grows to about 1 meter long roughly .. good calm temp , typical woma once out of the cage it's docile but loves food so need to get him to know the diff between you and food ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally Woma's are priced at around 200-300.
Expect to pay more for a specific locale (as opposed to a 'mixed' one).

For the most part, you'd be looking at a 5-6 foot animal (with the exception of the De Greys which reportedly only grow to a metre).

Colours can be a bit everywhere. Really does depend on what the breeder is going for. You can find a highly patterned dark animal, and an almost patternless from the same locale if you look hard enough.

My RHD is a sweetheart. Just turned a year old sometime with month, and already almost 4 foot, so I've got big expectations from this little gal in terms of size.
Very placid animal once she realises it's not feeding time, but when it is feeding time, anything that moves within the vicitnity of her cage is fair game.
Big characters- lots of fun, and fantastic eaters. Mine hasn't ever missed a feed (and is more than willing to eat extra when my other snake isn't hungry).

If you're not all that fussy on a specific locale, look around and see what catchers your eye. I've said it before and I'll say it again: no such thing as an ugly snake!

I have an Uluru or Tanami, not sure. Dark banding, a little over a metre long at just over 2 years of age. Great snake, beautiful temperament but a borderline phsycho feeding response, can smell food a mile away. Has only bitten me once for seemingly no reason, they don't let go when they bite so you have to let them calm a little then gently peel their bottom jaw off then disengage the upper jaw gently. They love to dig and are very active. I have a Woma, an Albino Darwin and A Diamond. I THINK the Woma is my favourite due to his personality. Has grown like a weed. He loves a drink of cool fresh water Don't over feed. I have mine on a heat mat with a thermostat set at 35, He seems content....
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back