Woma's still restricted for more then 2?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the thinking is to stop captive breding that may cross locales.Although I don't think it will work they are trying to stop "designer" Womas overtaking "natural"Womas in numbers thus trying to keep some "pure" lines.

The woma doesn't appear to be listed as restricted anymore? or am i looking at the wrong spot... http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01389aa.pdf They really need to go thru their site and make it more user friendly!
Correct the site doesnt state that the Woma is restricted but i just got of the phone to them to double check and the woma is a restricted reptile,so i have asked them if they could maybe update there site so ppl are actually better informed,she also told me to upgrade the license its as simple as sending them an email to ammend it and they will call u to ask for credit card details to pay the fee and its that simple.......no mention of doing a course or anything about needing references.....

All you need to do for any kind of reptile licencing right now is send an e-mail or make a call with your credit card details and it will be amended. I'm certainly of the opinion they don't give a rats *** at all and I think I can say that whether you have multiple restricted pythons on your rec licence or not, they'll care little.

All you need to do for any kind of reptile licencing right now is send an e-mail or make a call with your credit card details and it will be amended. I'm certainly of the opinion they don't give a rats *** at all and I think I can say that whether you have multiple restricted pythons on your rec licence or not, they'll care little.
Couldnt agree more,as will most government agencies as long as there getting money there happy..

As it seems, no one here knows exactly what the score is and even if they did, it's a heresy. Why don't you write a letter (no email) addressed to the person in charge of recreational licensing, spell out very clearly what you want to know and wait for a reply. It may take a while but whatever they write to you will be on a piece of paper and signed. You then have an official document in your hand which is far more that any advice on APS.

As it seems, no one here knows exactly what the score is and even if they did, it's a heresy. Why don't you write a letter (no email) addressed to the person in charge of recreational licensing, spell out very clearly what you want to know and wait for a reply. It may take a while but whatever they write to you will be on a piece of paper and signed. You then have an official document in your hand which is far more that any advice on APS.

safest option mate.... last thing you want is to be fined

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/register/p01021aa.doc

Its not that hard to understand.....

I also want to keep more than two (2) restricted reptiles and amphibians* (note: additional fee required – refer schedule of fees).

Note that if your application is for restricted
reptiles and amphibians, but does not include any venomous snakes, you do not
need to provide any further evidence of experience

So tick the box, pay the extra cash and you can keep unlimited numbers of gtps and womas

I called DERM a few weeks ago and asked the question - on a standard rec licence Womas/GTPs are limited to a max of 2. They did have to ask around tho to double check - but that's all good :) Apparently with the new Govt etc there may be some changes to the various licences and restrictions that go with them - so that could be interesting :)

I called DERM a few weeks ago and asked the question - on a standard rec licence Womas/GTPs are limited to a max of 2. They did have to ask around tho to double check - but that's all good :) Apparently with the new Govt etc there may be some changes to the various licences and restrictions that go with them - so that could be interesting :)

and that's why suggested writing a letter. Phone calls are usually answered by junior staff or the cleaning lady. A letter will go to the head of the licensing section and you should expect a solid answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back