womas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crutch2

Not so new Member
Reaction score
can someone explain the difference between the types of womas ie tanami ,uluru etc i know they come from different places and are differnt sizes and colors, wot i would like to know is there behavior diffrences i.e pacid nature agressive feeders tail wagging do they all do it are they all simalar in behavior.

Hi i have a lovely Uluru woma named Wilbur. i picked him because i like the darker markings and wanted a mid sized woma. The South Aussie womas are larger/longer and are in my opinion less marked and lighter. There are many locales bandied around especially from around the Tanami desert. Pick a town around there and there is a woma locale named after it. The tanami i would class as a mid coloured python and then there is the designer model called topaz tanami which is lighter again.The WA womas based around the pilbara are slightly smaller and have lovely dark markings as well but the underbelly is slightly different to the tanami. tHere are also QLD locale womas called Collaris which appear to be quite dark as well. My favorite part of the woma is the 'eyebrows',some locales dont have the eyebrows like the SA and some Qld. Temprement i think is an individual thing with all snakes not much difference between the locales. This is my opinion only

Attachments

• janfeb 2009 282.jpg
    janfeb 2009 282.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 60
  • janfeb 2009 287.jpg
    janfeb 2009 287.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 67
I live in WA,
I've looked at all most all the different woma pythons in pictures from Australia and the only differents to me is colouration and sizes,
i.e Pilbara woma only grows to about 1.3m - 1.5
South West Woma grows to 2.5m
Uluru and Tanami grow to around 1.8m

They all have thier own colours and lighter or darker stripes.

Thats all i have noticed in woma pythons.

Last edited:
ok i understand there size differences and color so they behave the same ? not personalaties of individuals but characters of differnt regions

I think the feeding response of all womas is the same, gimme gimme gimme,and watch out if you get in my way. I have heard that the Wa northern locales tail wag more than southern locales but its only hearsay.

ok thanks for that thats more of the answer i was looking for

Tanamis have more "personality" then SA's, well that's what I was allways told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back