Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StellaDoore

Reaction score
I know everyone has probably heard this a billion times but I just got my first snake and I'm way excited!
After weeks of tweaking a home-made cage and arguing with my house mates about what snake to get (Me: woma! Friend 1: BHP! Friend 2: cheap!) we finally bought ourselves a Black Headed Python :D:D:D

She's 2 years old, 6 feet long and absolutely amazing! Had her first feed a few days ago (went extraordinarily well) and her first hold a little while after (gave her a few days to digest). We were expecting her to be a bit flighty (new environment, smells, etc) but she was calm, friendly and very curious. I was so nervous holding her for the first time though, but after 5 minutes with her I'm significantly more comfortable. Now we just have to think of a name for her, which is proving quite difficult.

Also, just wanted to thank everyone at APS for any help and advice they've given me. I've gotten heaps of useful information that has made the acquisition of my first snake much easier.

Cheers!! ;)

First time at new home (please note newspaper is only a temp job, she has a much nicer substrate now):

First feed:

Holding her for the first time (!!):

Attachments

• IMG_7529.jpg
    IMG_7529.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_7549.jpg
    IMG_7549.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_7566.jpg
    IMG_7566.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 191
Congratulations on the new snake and trouble free first feed. She loooks lovely.

Awesome. A bhp will be my second snake. I just got my first (a pygmy python) yesterday so I share your excitement! Your snake is gorgeous. I picked a name for mine by looking for names on google that mean small or little since she is the smallest python in the world. Maybe pick a stand out aspect of your snake then google a name that means that.

Welcome to herping, and a fantastic snake to start with.

Welcome to the addiction.

We never get sick of hearing of nice people who have discovered the passion of owning reptiles.

Bet that you have already started thinking of your next snake. . .

Congrats! She looks a beauty and you look soooo happy. You look like you're doing really well with your first snake and a big one at that! Like others have said it is an addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back