woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodies do stink. I do a bit of a clean up on occasions removing any dead ones or shed bits.

I also move the small babies to different tubs because I find if I grab a hand full I get babies wondering around the enclosure and he doesn't eat em.

I was told to clean out my woodies every 6 months

yeh they poo heaps but they dont really need to be cleand regularly.
is weet bix good for them??

M

M, I see you keep your beardie on fake grass. Does s/he like it? Whats it like to clean? I'm building a new enclosure and might use this.

Dinoizmadragon- Fake grass is REALLY good for ma dragon! he lovessss it! and it is really easy to clean. Ill give you a tip- buy two lots of it so that when you are washing one you can put the dry one in. It's really good though because you can pick up poo really easily.
hope i helped :D
M

once again not that worried though, seems heaps happy, really active and is eating still. loves the new bit of wood i put into the enclosure

lol i wouldnt be looking forward to it :D
dont worry about it :D
at least they dont poop like human babies
M

i'll stop worrying when i see that first poo.

i lied before i AM worried.

how often do they go

once or twice a day.
only if your feeding heeps tho
s/he should poop soon enough lol
when my one was young, he ddnt poop that much anyway

M

k well i'll try stop stressing... has about 3 or 4 tiny woodies and 3 crix this morning and about 6 or so teeny woodies this arvo. that's a fair bit more than yesterday. just trying to work out how much to give.

seems happy enough like i said. i misted in there today and he/she was licking the drops off the walls. very very cute.

yeh lol
if he seems happy then he's ok lol
apparantly you're meant to feed as much as they will eat
i just feed mine till he looks fat lol

PM me when you smell the first one lol

M

On the topic of poo, for the last few weeks I have fed my adult dragons on a diet of carrot and rocket, as I was saving the adult woodies for breeding. The result is not fun, sloppy, runny orange poo. Think i'll throw insects back into the mix ;)

Dont know about the weetbix, i read to feed them cereals aswell and we always have crumbs left over so i chucked them in.

On the topic of poo, for the last few weeks I have fed my adult dragons on a diet of carrot and rocket, as I was saving the adult woodies for breeding. The result is not fun, sloppy, runny orange poo. Think i'll throw insects back into the mix ;)

have you ever heard of 'variety' ?

the quality of your offspring must be horrendous considering the breeders poor diet. especially considering its breeding season, and you should be doing the complete opposite.. stop cutting corners and give them all the diet they need. breed responsibly.

the quality of your offspring must be horrendous considering the breeders poor diet. especially considering its breeding season, and you should be doing the complete opposite.. stop cutting corners and give them all the diet they need. breed responsibly.

Umm rude much??
Hes not an idiot, i think he knows how to feed his beardies.
And his babies are gorgeous by the way.

You should think before you type :rolleyes:

Umm rude much??
Hes not an idiot, i think he knows how to feed his beardies.
And his babies are gorgeous by the way.

You should think before you type :rolleyes:

um so should you, being 'gorgeous' has nothing to do with health.

he hasent, from what he has said. prepaired his beardies for breeding, or fed them well in the first place. this wasnt at all rude, it was a comment. far less rude, or narrow minded then 90% of his posts about feeding Llama's pets to snakes..

i beg to differ with you.

Yes i have heard of Variety, The female has been getting crickets and vegies, and each time she lays she gets a pinkie mouse. I am not cutting any corners, I like to swap diets from time to time. The quality of the offspring is just fine, but thanks for the input ;)

um so should you, being 'gorgeous' has nothing to do with health.

he hasent, from what he has said. prepaired his beardies for breeding, or fed them well in the first place. this wasnt at all rude, it was a comment. far less rude, or narrow minded then 90% of his posts about feeding Llama's pets to snakes..

i beg to differ with you.

This is after the breeding season. The breeding season has ended for my dragons. And Before I alter the diet, I made sure they are all tip top condition, The female is in great size, and health. I would not be feeding her on only vegies if she was still laying, or in the process of getting her condition back after laying.

Speaking of diet my new lil fella is an eating champion. Demolishing woodies and crix. Should i be putting veges in the enclosure just incase it feels the need for a feed on them. The crix and woodies get plenty of veges but yeah just wondering ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back