woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
mine eats mostly crix n woodies but he is starting to eat good foods.

so do you feed in a tub or in the enclosure ? do you put greens in the enclosure just incase ?

but the males are still just getting rocket and carrot?

neither are the best.

endive, the choys, squash, beans..

Get them eating a variety whilst they're young, I got my first beardy as a young adult and he only ever ate crickets and woodies. I give him salad every day and fruit and I chuck it out untouched every day. But I'll keep trying.

Get them feeding right whilst they are juvies.

Some of my small woodies are growing really well, some are now medium sized.

my 5300 woodies has been molested and eaten severely by 15 hungry lizards.. BUT, they are breeding like crazy.. thank god.

i almost lost one tub to mould on the pellets. i need to work out some vents and better heating..

p.s. i find you loose less adults (from laying ont heir backs) if you croud them.. so much that they are a few cm deep all over, and then throw in your egg crates.

Get them eating a variety whilst they're young, I got my first beardy as a young adult and he only ever ate crickets and woodies. I give him salad every day and fruit and I chuck it out untouched every day. But I'll keep trying.

Get them feeding right whilst they are juvies.

Some of my small woodies are growing really well, some are now medium sized.

Same here mate i brought my beardies as adults worst thing i could have done the only way i can get em to eat veg is by flicking it around in front of em so they think its alive. get em eating veg when they are young.

my crickets started breeding and ijust had a packed from a pet shop tofeed to my beardie! il l try and get himto eat more veggies.
Thanks

There is a reptile bowl by ESU reptile they call it a jitterbug it has a vibrating try which moves the food around. about $50-$65 could be worth a shot for the vegies / frozen excess bugs, try local pet supplies place they may be able to get one in if they don't have one

thanks!
ill try and get one
but in themean time i should put a phone undr there and ring it on virbrate!not a bad idea!

ill try it!

M

Same here mate i brought my beardies as adults worst thing i could have done the only way i can get em to eat veg is by flicking it around in front of em so they think its alive. get em eating veg when they are young.

I've tried flicking them, waving them in front of him. I've seen him pick up a woodie and a salad leaf in one go, then spit them out and grabbed the woodie back again by itself.:?

There is a reptile bowl by ESU reptile they call it a jitterbug it has a vibrating try which moves the food around. about $50-$65 could be worth a shot for the vegies / frozen excess bugs, try local pet supplies place they may be able to get one in if they don't have one

I've seen those, it might be the last resort in trying to get mine to eat something other than woodies/crickets.

mmm,, i wonder why, because i can get mine to eat diced apple and carrot and i got him to eat a bit of lettuce as well yesterday. they should make edible glue ( i guesss you could use honey) so u can stick food on woodies and crix lol

M

because as we said they were brought as adults and obviously they weren't given veg when they were young yours is still a young beardy and will get used to eating them ours have only been fed live food for so long that if it doesn't move they are not interested its alot easier to get a young beardy on to veg than it is to get an older one who has never eaten them

vibrating food dishes are a waste of money, all they do is sake the whole viv and freak them out. they arent that stupid.

use tweesers, and quickely switch between live and veg.

i think im moving on to woodies

brought 1000 crix lasted about a week only got a couple left most deid or got eaten to much effort for me

Speaking of diet my new lil fella is an eating champion. Demolishing woodies and crix. Should i be putting veges in the enclosure just incase it feels the need for a feed on them. The crix and woodies get plenty of veges but yeah just wondering ....
i leave fesh vegies in the tank all day its always all gone by the time i get home

i bought a medium woodie tub from pisces the other day(sat) and opened my tub to feed the beardie and theres masses of tiny spots running allover the egg cartons lol. babies!!!woods always seem to breed for me, its the crix that are buggers, ive given up trying.I wanted to ask, does everyone use vaseline to keep the woodies from climbing out of plastic tubs?coz thats what i use, find it works excellent, but an absolute mess to clean up, and accidently getting it on my fingers, ewww feels quite... wrong lol, anyone else got suggestions?

i used to use vasoline and i'm with ya cleaning the tub is terrible. i'm beginning to wonder if my beardie can smell it cuz i feel him in a tub that use that have it around the edges.

i've cleaned it but since i've done so he won't eat in there.

i have that fluon stuff now. guy that i got my last bunch of woodies off painted my tub with it. it's magic. shame it doesn't stop house hold cockroaches jumping in there with the woodies for a free feed.

yeh i use vasoline
i think the best way to cleean vasoline is with a sponge..
anyway.
to breed crickets, do you have to seperate the babies from theadults or take the eggs away??

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back