woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeh, if anyone wants to post picz of their woodies/cricket breeding container thingo,,
go for it :)

does anyone else get problems with flies/maggots?

flies and maggots in the reptile tank or in the woodies tank?
i sometimes get those tiny sorta fruit flies in spike's tank...

eww
oh and how does everyone go about cleaning woodie poop?

Not the dyson !!!!

Actually I seem to have bit of an allegy to woodies and crickets so I have seriously thought of getting a dyson for this task to reduce the dust being kicked around, so if you hear of one secondhand let me know!

thats a good ideaa
but what cardboard?

The cardboard they live in. Egg cartoons are OK but the cardboard inserts used to separate layers of fruit (you know the blue/grey dimpled sheets of cardboard found in boxes of apples etc) are much better. Much more surface area can be created in the woodie tub using these than egg cartoons. Place them vertical and the poo falls to the bottom

Bob, I have a similar allergy and every year it gets worse. If I have to clean out a few tubs then I take a puff on my daughter's ventoline first and also take an antihistamine. That seems to help most times.

wow thats a pretty bad allergy!

Just wait until you have 10 or 20 kg of them. They emit some chemical as a defence against predators. One woodie doesnt do much but 10000 of them make it so strong that it affects your breathing. Also Ive had my eyes puff up for several hours because I didnt scrub my hands properly after cleaning the roaches.

Bob, I have a similar allergy and every year it gets worse. If I have to clean out a few tubs then I take a puff on my daughter's ventoline first and also take an antihistamine. That seems to help most times.

I use a respirator and rhinocort

Just wait until you have 10 or 20 kg of them. They emit some chemical as a defence against predators. One woodie doesnt do much but 10000 of them make it so strong that it affects your breathing. Also Ive had my eyes puff up for several hours because I didnt scrub my hands properly after cleaning the roaches.

woah thats pretty bad!
i have nowhere near that amount tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back