woody food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dude_joel

Not so new Member
Reaction score
what does everyone feed their woodies?
im feeding fish pellets and carrot and seem to have a large die off rate (1% per night)
tonight i gave them one of my frozen sugar glider blocks with EVERYTHING in it but id rather not waist them on woodies all the time.
can a few people that have successful colonies of woodies let me know what you feed them.
thanks
joel

Anything,

If they are dying off then there is a reason. I was talking to a guy at the MacHerp Show with a high rate of die off. In discussing this I asked him if he used 'top of descent' ."Oh yes every week" he said.'' duh.

I feed mine rodent pellets (actually just the 'powder' that is left after you go through a 16kg bag) and carrots. Mine won't stop breeding, are you keeping yours fairly warm? They don't like it too cold, nor too hot.

they are kept next to a lizard enclosure and are kept warm by it. what is "top of decent"?

The dust from GR2 rat cubes is a good staple for food. I use carrots for drink, or apples, or tomatoes or pumpkin or what ever is surplus that week and cheap.

I get very few dying.

Temperature is the other aspect worth looking at. They do not thrive when it is cold.

I feed mine carrots and dog biscuits every two or three days and have no problems maintaining colonies. The warmth radiating off the lizard enclosure may still not be enough. I run heat cord under each of my roach tubs and have insulated the tubs with foam as the garage where they're kept gets fairly cold in winter. Theres a good care sheet on the herpshop website.

Used for snake mites

It is on special this month at the Herp Shop. You may wish to check out the link in my signature.

It is the reason why many large collections in Australia are now mite free!

I have used it on occasion after dropping a tub of roaches to kill the ones I could not catch. It does not have the "fast knock down" of things like fly spray but it is pretty effective at killing insects (like mites) but it will also take out Feeder Roaches and crickets. The big thing is that it is safe to use around reptiles when used in accordance with the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back