Worried about urate frequency for Black Headed Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jxjaxj

Reaction score
My 3yr old female, about 6.5ft, has been passing a little bit of urate with a good amount of liquid pretty frequently since her last meal and shed. She usually has only a little amount of liquid with her urates about 3 times a week. I was just wondering if what I recorded below seems normal for this species. The only thing I can think of is, maybe something was wrong with the frozen rat and could have caused the more frequent and bigger amount of piss? She is still active, so she’s not hiding and acting lethargic. A long time ago, a boa that I just got was passing urates every day for a week and that was a red flag to me, and she tested positive for IBD, so I’m just more paranoid now. Thanks for any help!

3/25-shed in a few pieces (no stuck shed)
3/25-defecated normal amount, big amount of liquid also
3/26-fed 2 small rats (about 140g total)
3/29: bigger amount of liquid with urate
3/30: bigger amount of liquid in early morning
3/30: bigger amount liquid at night
4/1: small amount liquid in morning
4/3: bigger amount liquid at late night

Last edited:
Personally i have noticed that my blackheads drink alot more water than any carpets i have. Like i mean they drink from their waterbowls daily. And to put it bluntly they piss alot also haha

Thanks for the response! I usually would’ve just gone to the vet, but with all the stay at home orders going on, I figure I might get an opinion first. I do think they drink a lot more water, like you mentioned. I just thought it was odd, since the amount of liquid that came out for her last 7 days was a lot more than before each time. Do you think yours has pissed as many as 5 days out of a week before? Thanks again!

My Woma Python does the same I regularly see him drinking water especially after i've just changed it. Theres usually a few small urates left around as well as the big ones after eating. must just be a Aspidites thing.

Latest posts

Back