• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Lychas mamoreus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
should have been at the vhs auction..i was going to bid on the 6 or so that were there..at least i think they were marmoreus..i might be wrong,,were they the marbled?
there could be some in a pet shop near me as well..
where are you??

Mrbled scorps go for around 410-$15 (correct me if i am wrong) i recently swapped one with hornet on this site who is currently looking for more

The ones at the VHS auction were Urodacus manicatus.

Lychas marmoreus is a common species which you can probably find yourself if you look hard. All of the commercially available scorpions in Australia (apart from the illegal exotics such as Pandinus imperator) are wild caught, so you don't need to feel any more guilty about collecting them yourself than you do about buying them, and collecting them is legal in most areas. I come across L. marmoreus quite often and kept them for a few years from the late 90's to around 2002 (at the time I wasn't sure which species I had). I bred them a few times but never managed to get the babies past about third instar.

Yeh ones at VHS were Black rock scorps

VHS auctions r at the VHS meetings ;)

Do they have aucions at every meet and what kind of things in general are up for auction?

i'm in gladstone qld, sdaji, think you can get me some? since i live in cq we dont get lychas marmoreus, we get some other small buthids in cq but i'm not sure if they r in my area, once i get a black light i will b able 2 tell what we got round here, thats one of the best ways 2 hunt scorps, the 1st time i bred lychas i didnt get them past 2nd instar but since them i have learnt more about them from some of the experienced guys from overseas in regards to raising early instar bark scorps so i have a little more confidence in doing it now, can you get emperor scorps in aus(illegally)? I have a liocheles sp in my area that grows to around 6cm that i can trade for lychas aswell if anyone is interested

oops, sry, i thought this was in reply to a post i made a while ago, thats y i went on with a big long reply, sorry lol

hornet said:
once i get a black light i will b able 2 tell what we got round here, thats one of the best ways 2 hunt scorps, can you get emperor scorps in aus(illegally)?

Trust me easier ways to catch scorps :wink:

And as if he would tell u if he can get emps illegally in aus wouldnt that just be shooting himself int he foot?

i'm not asking if he can get him i'm just asking if they are in the illegal pet trade over here, i seen exotic herps but never exotic inverts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back