• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB SILKWORM EGGS, WAXWORMS, FLY PUPAE etc.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southside Morelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Genuine buyer looking for the above and any other food items for both lizards and snakes. Please no people with false promises!
I am looking for a reliable supplier that is local to Sydney for pick-up OR mail delivers orders.
I will purchase regulary.
Thanks
Regards
Scott.

double that, im interested in the above silkies, waxworms etc.

thanks.. i hope you find soemone with them.. (and i aswell.. :D)

Hi
I sell silkworm eggs, but you might find them cheaper in your local area.
They are $15 per sheet of 100(approx-i don't count every singe egg:D) plus postage.
Last summer postage was $8.50 (cause they have to go bug class) but i have to check with aus post that it hasn't gone up.
They are a little pricey cause i normally sell the worms, not the eggs. but you can't post the worms they are too fragile
These silkworms are proven fertile and will spin and reproduce if cared for properly.
They will eat black, red and white mullberry leaves.

I have a large supply and keep breeding them, so i (hopefully) never run out.

Pisces (the crix brand) also sell silkworms. for approx $1 each. they come in boxes of 10. If you want to see if your beardie/pet likes them, they are a good idea. (but very expensive in you want them as a feeder)

My beadies LOVE silkworms and would eat them untill they burst if i let them:rolleyes:. thats why i started breeding them, also i'm studing to be an entomolgist, so bugs are my thing:D

If your interested email me at [email protected] I don't go online on the weekends so don't think I'm ignoring you if i dont reply quickly.

I didn't think you could get waxworms in Australia, but someone correct me if i'm wrong:)

Sarah

no-one does wax-worms commercially but you can pick them up from a beekeeper and culture your own. They are a nightmare of a bee comb pest!

I may be able to help if you want a starter culture!

you can get waxworms at a fish bait shop, i'd gutload them with soemthign good, before feeding to my dragon as their probably not raised for nutrtion if they are for bait..

you should also feed no more than two a week, as they are high in fat, and tip th ebalance of a healthy diet. too many and too much fats or protein feeders in an adults diet will cause fatty liver disease and a whole lot of other problems, ont he other hand silkworms are one of the BEST feeders you can find for a bearded dragon..

I can get the real wax-worms as i work in honeybee genetic research. I have a few people interested in getting starting cultures that they can rear themselves. I'm setting up a few bee boxes to propagate some but it will take some time. The peak season for them is around Nov-Dec. I will send them as pupae to those interested!

Wax worms are a moth larvae. The can be reared in a glass jar. Here are some rearing tips!
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2131.html
http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/entfactpdf/ef011.pdf
http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef011.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back