• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Tommy Round Head Pair

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

Hello all i was wondering if anyone has or knows anyone with 2 tommy round heads for sale. any size is fine (Prefer Adults) willing to pay good money for right animal. Im in syd but willing to get them anywhere in australia.

Diporiphora australis, very similiar to the northen two lined dragon, D. bilineata

Tommy Roundheads

Northern Two Lined Dragon. Scientific name Diporiphora bilineata, if any body has any that they want to sell I would love to talk to you about it.

Northern Two Lined Dragon. Scientific name Diporiphora bilineata, if any body has any that they want to sell I would love to talk to you about it.

Im not sure where you are, but around here the Northern Two Lined Dragon (D. bilineata) is referred to as the 'nobbi nobbi', and D. australis is referred to as the tommy roundhead. It might help if W.T.Buy specified scientific name? Not taking a swing, its just that the common names get mixed up pretty easy with such similiar species. :D

Tommy Roundheads

Im not sure where you are, but around here the Northern Two Lined Dragon (D. bilineata) is referred to as the 'nobbi nobbi', and D. australis is referred to as the tommy roundhead. It might help if W.T.Buy specified scientific name? Not taking a swing, its just that the common names get mixed up pretty easy with such similiar species. :D

Hi Rednut,

I am in Narooma on the Far South Coast of NSW about 350 km's south of Sydney. Thank you for your comments on your local naming of animals in your area. It actually helps me understand a mix up that I was involved in earlier this year when I actually purchased what was supposed to be 2 juvenile Northern Two Lined Dragons (Diporiphora bilineata) that turned out to be Nobbi dragons Amphibolurus nobbi nobbi.

I am actually after both species. I am looking for Diporiphora bilineata (the Northern Two Lined Dragon) Townsville appears to be about the Southern end of their range and Amphibolurus nobbi. The subspecies up your way is nobbi hence the name you use Nobbi Nobbi. You are at the northern tip of their range. There is another subspecies found through southern inland NSW, through the Mallee area of Northern Victoria and into eastern SA this subspecies is called coggeri

I agree the Nobbi and the Northen two lined dragon look remarkably similar. If you know any one up your way that has either of these species or is breeding them then it appears that there are at least 2 buyers down here in NSW, myself and mickousley who is a couple of hundred km's up the road from me. I would be delighted to hear from you if you can help.

Im looking for Diporiphora australis Does anyone have or know anyone with them very interested as they are small and soo colourful. Also haw much do they usually go for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back