Yabbie colours? WHITE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How easy or hard are they 2 breed,by the way they look awesome,never heard or seen white 1s b4.

Well, they seem to breed for me by pure accident. Haha

Ok, I just put them all in multiple bigger containers, and to my shock i counted around 140 or so!!!
They range from 3cm in length to just 1cm with the smaller ones. So I put them in 5 containers arranged by sizes... They all have every single limb, no claws missing, all have full antenne thingys. So perfect bill of heath. Surprising as I didnt realize there was over 100 of them living all together in a small 40cm x 20cm tank. Hehe, woops. All good now though...

I get those in the creek's all around me, but my ones are just usually grey, allthough ive noticed if you catch one (even adult) and put it in a tank they end up turning electric blue after awhile, not sure if its something about being in fishtanks and clearer water or what. Atm we have a large electric blue coloured one who was grey about a year ago lol.

Steve k

WOW 140! man! I am going to breed these! Shame the pet shop only gets them in like once every 3 months. I had a blue one once. He climbed the filter cord out a tiny hole, climbed off my desk, (all draws were open, don't know how he got out of them) climbed through a room full of clothes, out the door, fell down through the railing of a flight of stairs, crawled into the kitchen and died.

Well when i heard mum scream CAMERON SOMETHING IS IN THE KITCHEN, he was still alive, but died just hours later.

Now that i know they can escape everything i will be more careful!

Hehe, my old yabbie archy got out a few times, id hear a plopping noise as he worked his way accross the house, and id come across him and throw him back in, no prblems.
My mum brought round a yabbie she found in the backyard, which was weird cos there's no water nearby her house. And the dog at mums had chewed on it and punctured its head. So i named it crackhead. Haha
Crackhead was a master at escape, and he would make it all the way outside and get in the grass and the dog would eventually find him and harass it. Same deal, threw him back in the tank and he was fine. Mind you i learnt pretty quick to cover all the holes in the lid of the tank to stop them all from escaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back