Yay, just got a great Christmas suprise!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well done you will love it. Keep them happy and well cared for :)

congrats to you on both counts... so you will be giving up on plotting world domination or just training your reps to carry that plan on while you study and work :)

Double Grats KJ ;) Awesome. I got to work in an Aquarium and loved it. Good luck with the general public they'll test you more than any non feeding hatchie lol ;)

Thanks Smithers and yes I know all about customers, lol, and feathergrass, I will plot quietly after hours, the joys of insomnia. I am so exhausted as I only got about 3 hours sleep last night but all in all it went well today and it was awesome hanging out with all the scaly friends, some not so friendly as well.

Im so excited for you!! That would be an amazing experience!!

Thanks shell477, day two went great. He has put me in charge of the reptile room so the rest of the guys can concentrate on the fish side of things, I've been doing a big spring clean and some re-decorating of some of the plainer enclosures. Got the 2 huge scary BHP's out all by myself only to discover they were pussy cats, broke up a fight between a very aggro childrens python and his girlfriend, convinced a girl who loves snakes mum they are not too bad and she should hold something little and she'll slowly get used to it, girl was stoked, got in trouble for not having coffee before I start and not eating enough at lunchtime, overcame my fear and successfully hooked and moved a bitey jungle without getting bitten and best of all got to see my little favourite baby stimmie so all in all it was pretty cool. I'm sure some of the customers probably think I am a little crazy though, I spend a lot of time chatting to the reptiles, lol.

Congrats KJ !! Im really happy for you :) Its awesome when you can work a job that you are so passionate about, and even better when you combine your most favourite hobby and work !!! Get paid to do something you actually look forward, and enjoy doing. Keep us updated with how things go for you, and yes the customers will test you ;)

Ha ha, I love that the unfriendliest snake is one of the smallest while the big BHPs are gentle.

I'm sure some of the customers probably think I am a little crazy though, I spend a lot of time chatting to the reptiles, lol.

As long as the reptiles don't talk back, it's okay. :)

Thanks Exotic_Doc, my funniest one so far was a guy that came in and asked what the Oz Pet pellets were and if it was for the snakes to eat and then asked if I was scared that a little kid may get poisoned by them (the snakes).

LOOOL, oh if i would start telling you the things i heard after 5 yrs working in pharmacies, and 2 at PetBarn LoooL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back