Yellow faced Whip Snake juvenile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadytree

Reaction score
Hello, I am a wildlife carer in NSW. Have recently rescued a juv. YFWS that has been cat attacked it has damage to body & will be in care for a while. Have started on antibiotics for the damage done by the cat attack. My question is, does anyone know what these snakes will eat in captivity??

Unfortunately juveniles only eat skinks and other small reptiles. Depending on where you're located you could feed it a small Asian House Gecko?

Best of luck with the YFW, Shadytree. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Juvenile Whips can be very difficult to maintain even when they are in good condition. As Foozil mentioned they will take small to medium skinks like those of the Lampropholis group (Grass skinks) as well as juvenile Copper- tailed Skinks (Ctenotus taeniolatus). Grass Skinks are often found in both suburban and rural areas and easy to catch where Copper-tails are pretty quick and can be a lot harder to come by. If you can get your hands on them, they'll also take juveniles of small species of frogs especially Litoria fallax. Best of luck.

Hello, I am a wildlife carer in NSW. Have recently rescued a juv. YFWS that has been cat attacked it has damage to body & will be in care for a while. Have started on antibiotics for the damage done by the cat attack. My question is, does anyone know what these snakes will eat in captivity??
[doublepost=1522310076,1522309994][/doublepost]Thanks for your replies folks..unfortunately the little snake has died from it's injuries..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back