yellow faced whip snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardboy_ryan

Reaction score
ON sunday i was at the beach on the rocks looking at copper tailed skinks when i came across a 70 cm yellow faced whip snake. it went into a crack and kept coming out and slithering around. because this all happened 10 m from the surf club and about 20m from the public swimming pool i had to catch it or they would have killed it so i got it by the tail and carried it past a few people to let it go far from harms way in the bush. as i am 13 years old and the snake was brown people would have thought i was a dumb sped. i managed to let it go and it slithered of into the bush.

is that the right thing to do?

What would u do in that situation?

is that the right thing to do?
Well not getting bitten was a good idea :) just make sure you know what snake it is and keep in mind that even yellow faced whip snakes have a very nasty bite that can make you sick or worse if you are allergic. I definately wouldnt reccomend a 13 year old to do what you did, but i did similar things at that age. Im not 100% sure but i think they have killed smaller dogs before(?)

What would u do in that situation?
Personally i would have just watched it nail a few skinks and if others noticed it i would tell(or make) them to leave it alone. Although i wasnt there so its hard to know exactly what i would do.

Yeah i would have done it too, prolly not the smartest thing though. My first snake was a wild caught olive python hatchy (shouldn't have had it i know) i carried it round for a few days and then showed some herper that i met.

He told me it was a brown snake, not an olive python and that he has never seen one go for that long being fre handled with out it biting someone.... lol

Moral of my story... be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back