Yesterday/Last Nights Finds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I herped from around 6pm, and got home at 2.30 this morning, The storms always seem to hit at the time I don't want them to, as much as I love a good storm, I'd rather not end up driving on a river rather than a road while looking for snakes.

Big Red Belly
Ozz049-1.jpg

Ozz050-2.jpg

Ozz051-1.jpg

DOR Eastern Brown, approx. 1.9 metres
(I dont herp in bare feet lol, just walked through a river to mkae sure it wasnt too deep to cross)
Ozz058-3.jpg

Blind Snake
(you can see the road starting to become a bit off a creek)
Ozz039-3.jpg

Southern Spotted Velvet Gecko
Ozz017-2.jpg

Ozz016-4.jpg

Ozz020-3.jpg

More Carpets, but this one had a beautiful pattern that doesn't show up in the pics. Both only young.
Ozz002-2.jpg

Ozz013-1.jpg

One with a full belly in a Pine forest (found 2 there now)
Ozz043-2.jpg

Golden Crowned
Ozz048-1.jpg

Giant King Cricket
Ozz046-1.jpg

This made me sick, this young fox was sitting in the middle of the road trying to drag the back half of his body across the road. So we took him to Australia Zoo at 1.30am (lucky they are 24hour) so they could euthanise him (which they did straight away) he had a wound on his back infested with maggots, a missing ear, plus damage to his pelvis that wasn't related to the wound on his back according to the vet.
Poor thing had been like this for days.
Ozz015-3.jpg

Great pictures.
What happened with the Fox afterwards? Bloody pests, hopefully it wont be let go back into the bush.
I've been brought up hunting them, so thats why I have that opinion.

great photos! looks like you had a bit of fun!

poor little fox :( although they aint native i really do like them! wonderful animals! i would love to get a trained one! they would be SWEET!!!!

Awsome pics, looks like you had a good night, Been wantin to go for a look myself with some nice humid weather but cant drive for 6 months And noone else keen so keep the pics comming.

Poor fox :( At least it got put out of its misery.

Great photos by the way!

Great pictures.
What happened with the Fox afterwards? Bloody pests, hopefully it wont be let go back into the bush.
I've been brought up hunting them, so thats why I have that opinion.

I dont care if its a pest, it was in a lot of pain and had suffered quite a bit, nothing deserves to.

Euthanise = Kill humanely

Out of curiosity, what camera do you use DanTheMan?

Canon 350D SLR, Unfortunatley the pics didnt come out how I would like though as its a bit hard with snakes that dont want to hang around and theres no time to set all the shutter speed/apeture, the auto setting on my camera is crap, its always over exposed, like the one where im holding the Eastern Brown

Dan I actually thought the shots were really good! I love the 3rd gecko pic!

"I dont care if its a pest, it was in a lot of pain and had suffered quite a bit, nothing deserves to."
So true, good on you Dan- awesome pics also.

Awesome pictures,looks as thou you had a great nite,i wish i had that much luck when i go.....

I dont care if its a pest, it was in a lot of pain and had suffered quite a bit, nothing deserves to.

Yes, definately true, didn't mean to sound like I was trying to say that you shouldn't of helped the little guy. I would like to see it out of pain and recovering, but personally I wouldn't like to see it back out in the bush.
Did they tell what they would of been doing with it after it was recovered? Or was it put to sleep?
But as I said, I was brought up hunting Foxes, Rabbits and the like.

great pics , especially the first one of the gecko I think and that red belly looks spectacular.

Keep us updted on your future herping trips.
Cheers,
Dave

Yes, definately true, didn't mean to sound like I was trying to say that you shouldn't of helped the little guy. I would like to see it out of pain and recovering, but personally I wouldn't like to see it back out in the bush.
Did they tell what they would of been doing with it after it was recovered? Or was it put to sleep?
But as I said, I was brought up hunting Foxes, Rabbits and the like.

Oh ok, Yea we took it to Australia Zoo for them to put it to sleep, and as it is a ferrel pest, they have to put them down any way even if it could have been fixed.
Im a hunter myself, but cant stand seeing an animal suffer.

shld of shot the pommy fox they cause so much damage to the local wildlife

shld of shot the pommy fox they cause so much damage to the local wildlife

Read what I wrote above the pic, we took it into Australia Zoo so they could euthanise it, the fox is dead. I certainly wasnt going to do it with a rock or something.
If I had a gun on me I would have saved them the time, money and hassle. And about 1 hour less suffering for the fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back