Yet another Noob!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kc_read

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick intro about me, Lived in Perth my whole life im 21 and a Tradie. At the moment I'm waiting on my license and then i''ll be getting me a stimson :).
I am fairly new to reptiles but I've grown up keep heaps of frogs and skinks :p

Any advice for a complete noob would be gratiously accepted, i have read a crap load of info and am in the process of seeting up the enclosure just trying to get the heating right and caged off and then it'll be ready.

Just make sure you make a thread entitled " What should i name my snake", Aside from that welcome to APS!

Just make sure you make a thread entitled " What should i name my snake", Aside from that welcome to APS!

Barry? :p

Hey guys welcome along, since I joined the forum I've never stopped learning and you read some really interesting info on here.

Welcome :)

Advice # 1: dont be afraid to ask questions!
Advice # 2: be prepared for for people who may seem to reply with nasty or 'I am better than you' comments, learn to ignore them :)
Advice # 3: do lots of research, especially before you ask questions: this may save you from some of the former nastiness. There is a search bar function in the top right hand corner- results can be very broad but if you go 'advanced' you can limit the search words to thread titles only which gives you more accurate results. Also, in each forum section, at the top there are 'stickies' which contain a lot of the information for any 'newbie' questions you might have :)

good luck!

Welcome KC_read and Lynn.

There are plenty of people here who are more than keen to help others. And as Shell pointed out, the more you can help yourself at the same time, the better all round. Have a look at the Site Rules – very bottom of every page about 2/3 along. There are a few individuals around who seem to take it out on others if they are having a bad day. So if get someone is nasty or using inappropriate language or telling you off for no good reason e.g. “Dumb question. Look it up on the search facility you lazy good for nothing” then do not hesitate to use the little black triangle in posts. This alerts the moderators to that post and they will decide what action, if any, needs to be taken. So if you are uncertain, use the button. No-one will get into strife if you have mistakenly thought they were breaking the rules.

Just to put the balance correct – there are lots of lovely people like Shell who will bend over backwards to help.

Good on you Shelly for a really informative and useful intro.

Blue

G'day. You will be pleased you joined. All kinds of GOOD information can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back