Yet another version of this popular tale!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoon84

Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while since I been on here but couldnt resist sharing this story with you cos it cracked me up sooo much!!!
Im sure all of you have heard this story in one version or another..
A lady that works for the same company as I do added me on facebook (I've never met her btw) Anyways we got talking about snakes, she said she has a Darwin, I told her I have a Diamond etc, etc, so her below is her story in all its glory....(Still ******* myself laughing)

"A friend of a friend had one, was very thick and about 9 foot long - the snake slept in her bed every night coiled up beside her - she took it to a vet because it stopped feeding hadn't fed for about 6 months - the vet asked her if the snake was showing any other signs of strange behaviour - she said yeah it doesn... See more't sleep coiled up anymore it lies stretched out like it is stealing her body heat - the vet told her to get rid of the snake immediately because it was starving itself and sizing her up - LOL she got rid of it immediately.

True story - I got chills when I was told"

Last edited:
Oh my God, if I had a dollar for every time someone told me this 'real' story I'd be rich!! hehehehe

any ideas where it originated from?

I don't know, but every time someone finds out I have snakes they tell me that stupid story! It makes me laugh, and I can't believe they think that really happens. I spose in other countries where larger snakes could eat people, yeah possible, but the sleeping along side people thing 'sizing them up' for months, hehehehe, that cracks me up!

Oh my God, if I had a dollar for every time someone told me this 'real' story I'd be rich!! hehehehe

I'd be content just having a dollar for everytime it's been posted on here :lol:
(Also the Olive eating a roo and the Rock python on an electric fence stories)

It's a true story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine, but it wasn't a 9 foot carpet python it was a blind snake (that's how they measure up their prey - well duh, they're blind).

I hate ignorant people. The amount of times I've been told something to that degree with the teller believing every word of the tripe.. Honestly, you would think that these days people would have the brains to be able to determine that as fiction... But yet again the general public proves itself uneducated once again...

Yeah and I thinks its rediculous stories like these that makes non-herping people afraid of snakes.

My sister doesn't like my snakes, wont go near them (even in enclosures) and that story scared the crap out of her. She said to me I should get rid of mine before they do that to me. It also put images into my husbands head of my snakes strangling our future children and children that come round to visit.

Makes my job twice as hard to to educate people to how beautiful and safe they really are to keep as pets.

Heh, reminds me of one of the girls at work telling me (quite straight faced) that she would never touch a snake, because they excrete poison through their skin and if you have a scratch you will die :)

I actually heard a different version of this story the other day,

The story was that a friend of his had a python and she worked at a university which
was where the snake was being kept, he was telling me that the snake hadn't eaten for a while and started opening it's mouth up all the time like it was yawning alot I was thinking
that he was asking for advice about the snake and I mentioned that it may have a respitatory
problem or a cold but he quickly cut me off to tell me that she had the vet look at the snake
and the vet told her that the snake was stretching its jaws everytime it saw her as it was
sizing her up to be able to swallow her and of course the snake had to be put down then.

I just stood there stunned as the fellow telling me the story was a very educated person.

i've meet well educated people, but common sense isnt a strong point
eg:- we had a doctor vist our work shop to have his fan belt checked cause his aircon wasnt working ????????

i've meet well educated people, but common sense isnt a strong point
eg:- we had a doctor vist our work shop to have his fan belt checked cause his aircon wasnt working ????????

it would depend on the type of car wouldn't it? some cars have a massive serpentine belt that runs alternator, compressor (A/C) , power steering etc etc as well.

That said, dont most new cars use electric fans? Lol.

Im sick of hearing this story to be honest. Every version gets more and more terribly written. I hope a snake that size does eat someone after yawning and snuggling up to them in bed. haha...

I have decided I will now ask for a dollar for every person telling me this story. I will be rich in a couple of weeks! It's even funnier when people tell you straigh to your face that they know the person, met the snake etc. I simply reply ask them how they manage to eat anything in the wild? "Excuse me! hold still! I need to see if you will fit before I decide whether or not to attack you!"

My Mum is terrified my husbands coastal, that is only 15 months old, is sizing up my boys (6 and 8 yo) and that one day it will eat them !​

Dude, I don't think pythons bother - we live in FNQ and there's a village in the rainforest jet west of us. Huge amethestines quite regularly. My friends who live up there came home saw a lump in the paddok. A mega-python had taken down a medium sized wallaby. It had managed to swallow the head, but got stuck at the shoulders. Next morning wallaby was still there, but no snake. Probably just saw an opportunity and went "nomnomnom"... "bleargh!"

It amazes me that in this day and age people STILL believe everything they hear without question, and most people also jump to conclusions based on limited and false information. Not many people bother to research things anymore, because if you want to find truth it can sometimes take hours of research depending on what it is, but people want things instantly these days because nobody can be bothered using their brains anymore... and you're telling me humans are supposed to be smarter than animals like sheep? In some cases I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back