Yoda's special day out.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score
Ok, so my 4 year old is at kinder and they have started to introduce show and share. Other people have taken babies (human), kittens, puppies, birds.
Sara has decided that she would like to have Yoda there. Of course l will be there and it will be a look with your eyes event. Depending on how Yoda handles it l may ask if the kids can be split into little groups and they MAY get to touch him.. again this is something that i would have to see on the day.

Anyway, my question is, should i put yoda into a carry box or should l pop him in a pillow case first?
Has anyone else done this?

Yoda is a nice size now, not so fagile. He's just over 30cm long. What do you think?

Cheers,
Jane

i take my dragons to the vet in a big shoe box with paper in the bottom. they dont seem to mind..

Pretty sure you can't move reptiles without a movement advice or a demonstrator's licence, unless it's going to the vet... Just takes one person to dob you in.

hmmmm, l didn't think of that..When my son was at kinder, we took our bluey in, but you don't need a license for them.... never even gave that a thought

What is the world coming to. Yes, -technically- you do need a license, and I wouldn't suggest you break the 'law', but......

Here in Victoria you are not allowed to take Reptiles-Mammals-Birds that are protected under the wildlife Act of 1975 outside of your home, unless you are taking them to a Vet or they are being transfered to another wildlife licenced keeper, you cannot stop of on the way to the Vet or way home from the Vet, and show of your Reptiles-Mammals-Birds to anyone, without for seeking permission from the DSE Wildlife Permit Section.

The reason why is say they escape or get injured, or if someone who is scared of Reptiles see's them and gets scared, falls over and injures themself you the owner of the Reptile is held reliable and could end up in court, if any of these happend why you and your Reptiles are away from your home.

Why would you want to go showing of your Reptiles to the public, is it to only seek attention from other people, stick to the law and protect others around you and your awesome pet Reptiles.

lf anyone wants to know more about taking your pets outside of your home that a listed in your wildlife record book, if l was you l would first contact DSE Customer Service during business hours on 136186, and they will let you know what you can and cannot do and why thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Cheers, Reptilian1933, ( Les ).:)

Last edited:
hi Les, l totally get it, and l totally agree. It was just something l daughter asked and l put no thought whatsever into it. I don't want to do the wrong thing therefore we will take lots of photo's and take them in.

I'll have you know that I am very disappointed that you even posted this here without consulting your prison sente... I mean licence. Think of the harm that could result if a bearded dragon were to set foot outside the home it is registered at, if the intended destination the aforementioned dragon was headed toward wasn't a veterinarian practice.

Your biggest mistake is telling anyone your plan for Yoda's big day out.

Personally .... IMO ONLY .... I reckon , if Yoda is as tame as he seems to be , he'd get a lot out of the outing , all that wonderful sensory stimulation , seeing new things , he might even enjoy the experience providing the kids interact with him in a quiet and calm manner .
It really depends on how Yoda copes with being around people he doesn't know, if he stresses or wants to hide, I wouldn't do it. If he is very confident / fearless in around new people then ....

Seems to me the some of the restrictions on pet reptlle movements are stupid.

Not to mention great for the kids, so many bad vibes about reptiles that a bit of promo work couldn't hurt the reputation.
We had a group of kids at our place yesterday and they were mesmerized with the habits of our blue tounge and woma.
Even feed the woma and I am sure it is something they will be talking about for the next week or so along with the parents that had never watched anything as amazing as a snake feeding.

Your biggest mistake is telling anyone your plan for Yoda's big day out.

Personally .... IMO ONLY .... I reckon , if Yoda is as tame as he seems to be , he'd get a lot out of the outing , all that wonderful sensory stimulation , seeing new things , he might even enjoy the experience providing the kids interact with him in a quiet and calm manner .
It really depends on how Yoda copes with being around people he doesn't know, if he stresses or wants to hide, I wouldn't do it. If he is very confident / fearless in around new people then ....

Seems to me the some of the restrictions on pet reptlle movements are stupid.

I'll have you know that I am very disappointed that you even posted this here without consulting your prison sente... I mean licence. Think of the harm that could result if a bearded dragon were to set foot outside the home it is registered at, if the intended destination the aforementioned dragon was headed toward wasn't a veterinarian practice.

OMG are you serious?? He's a baby what harm can he do?? Especially when she assures us they are going to LOOK not touch unless they are VERY careful! You are crazy man!

That law is rediculous. Along with most of our new laws nowadays.

Im pretty sure everyone here breaks laws every day of there life without realising it. I personaly think taking a small lizard to show a group of kids can be a very educational and rewarding experience for the kids, You can teach them that animals in the wild should be looked at but not touched. My love for reptiles first started when my friends older brother bought his 7ft MD and a small freshey into school, I was only about 5.

I say take him in, and if anyone one dobs you in they are just sad human beings that seriously need a life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back