You don't need a great camera! (Jungle Carpet Python)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramzee86

Reaction score
These shots are all taken by my hand held Canon G10,
so don't think you need an SLR!
Best advice is to read the entire manual, lets you explore so much more then what you think your camera can do.

This guy is only a yearling JCP...

Attachments

• Cheeech 06121111.jpg
    Cheeech 06121111.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Cheeech 063555.jpg
    Cheeech 063555.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 249
ramzee, the G10 was created for professional photographers, as a cheaper, knock-around, easy to carry point-and-shoot that allows control over most of the manual settings that an SLR does. It has better than average exposure and colour, and a larger sensor than most p&s.... So while it's not an SLR, it's definitely better than a average point and shoot, hence the price tag :D Nice pics.

Yeh but i mean some general handhelds do have great quality and features, i had a $200 Canon Powershot that took the best Macros ive ever taken! it was really chunky and only 8 Mega Pixels...
Just tryig to encourage people to take some nice photos of their animals with the cams they have!

The G10 is a serious camera, probably better than a lot of the "entry level" DSLR.

You should be able to achieve good quality photos with just about any camera, providing it's in working order.

There were taken with P&S cameras...

Thorny Devil, Moloch horridus photo - Alexander Dudley photos at pbase.com

Bongga the Black-palmed rock monitor. photo - Alexander Dudley photos at pbase.com

As were these:

DSCN8735.jpg

DSCN8811.jpg

DSCN7626.jpg

DSCN7611.jpg

very cool pics. I know my point & shoot doesnt take 'those' pics very well. Shutter speed not fast enough. Point taken though. The frusting part is knowing that the colours are much better on the animal than that captured by the camera.

I still want an SLR :p my justification anyway.

Thanks again for the cool pics

Even from average cameras you can get photos worthy of publishing in books.. when you learn to get the most out of it.

Even from average cameras you can get photos worthy of publishing in books.. when you learn to get the most out of it.

Very true, however dslr are clearly better, you can still get great photos with hand-helds!

Wow...they are some great shots Henry. The clarity and focus is just amazing.
I don't know if anyone has the time...but a great way of showing the benefit of the DSLR's would be to put two shots up of the same critter, one using the DSLR and the other with a reasonable point and shoot, (with similar settings).

It's a western heath dragon Ctenophorus (Rankinia) adelaidensis. This is a rather handsome coloured up male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back