You got the silver

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Went for a long wander last night and (of course) took the camera. I have a new lens and flash so I apologize for the image quality. Anyhow first off was a stop to shoot a few non-herps. Image 2 was an over-exposure that I played with on the computer. I kind like the result

Attachments

• Dsc_1314.jpg
    Dsc_1314.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Dsc_1310.jpg
    Dsc_1310.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Dsc_1322.jpg
    Dsc_1322.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Dsc_1327.jpg
    Dsc_1327.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 83
nice shots, bufo marinus are just too cute. they always have that cranky look about them and seem to never move after were finished looking at them :lol: is the 3rd one some sort of barred frog?

strangely-enough, the next snake was also a golden crowned and only a couple of hundred meters from the other one.
The next animal after that one was this small-eyed. The flash played up so I have altered this photo sightly. While trying to reset the flash the animal disappeared.

Incidentally, these animals were photoed not far from the proposed QLD camp site.

The nest animal was a wild bush pig ( no photo). There is nothing more horrible than seeing a ugly bush pig in a national park ( except, of course, walking up next to one). If I was a big faster we could have been eating pork for the next few weeks

Attachments

• Dsc_1346.jpg
    Dsc_1346.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 88
Next guy was this coastal. Despite not wanting to pose for a photo he was one of the most placid snakes I met. No complaints what so ever as he was shifted around and posed. But he really wanted to get to the other side off the road and would not hold a pose

Attachments

• Dsc_1353.jpg
    Dsc_1353.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 82
The sunshine coast... that'd be Mixo fasciolatus or Mixo. fleayii wouldn't it be?

Looks a bit like a fasciolatus from here.

Worried about photo theft are you? :D

-H

Last snake encountered was this fellow. Not certain what he is, I have him tentatively ID'ed as Furina dunmalli.

While I was photoing him I had the rollings stones "Let it Bleed" playing in the background. Hence the title of this thread.

Last encounter was with a deer, if I had been a little faster we would be eating venison for a week

Attachments

• Dsc_1369.jpg
    Dsc_1369.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Dsc_1372.jpg
    Dsc_1372.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 96
Do you have any other pics of your 'Furina dunmalli'? If it is indeed that species, you should pass on the location info to the Queensland Museum and possibly to the EPA's WildNet group. Dunmall's are rarely encountered.

Stewart

Do you have any other pics of your 'Furina dunmalli'? If it is indeed that species, you should pass on the location info to the Queensland Museum and possibly to the EPA's WildNet group. Dunmall's are rarely encountered.

Stewart
sure, but she was most un-cooperative mood, none of the photos were great
I, of course, can give no guarantee that I have Ided the animal correctly, any one else willing to try?

Attachments

• Dsc_1379.jpg
    Dsc_1379.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Dsc_1381.jpg
    Dsc_1381.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 93
the 3rd pic looks exactly like a frog i used to have!
we let it go though

Very interesting about the Furina dunmalli, and this was all out near Kenilworth? That's where I often go.
Is that where you also saw the Deer?

Are you going to let the Queensland Museum know?
Yes - unless someone says other wise.

Here is another head shot. Hopefully it will clear up the ID.
No scale count - sorry

ID is via Cogger 6 page 650
Technically it wasn't on the sunshine coast but about 100 km west and looking at the ink blot of page 652 the animal was just on the western edge

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Where abouts were you exactly ???? if you prefer not to say in public pm me please

Without looking at the specimen its difficult but it may be C. boschami, If only I could see the ventral surface.

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back