Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you can tell that your crazy male bredli hootch (called hootch because hootch is crazy - scrubs lol) is about to try and strike at your face. But you have judged that he is just out of range and won't actually connect with the strike. As happened today lol. He tried twice missed both times lol.

When your niece is looking for a chest freezer and you tell her that she can get one for free because u know a person who used it for snake food but they dont want it anymore and then you wonder what is wrong with her when she makes a face and says no.

when you've been in hospital for four days and thats just to long so on the second day you're already begging mum to bring your beardie in ....

.i was on a ward full of incontinent,over 70yr olds and bored to death, i couldnt see straight for 2 days so yeah....lots of visitors though...and back home with the kids

- when you say your buying a gecko and someone says "just catch one from outside" (the only geckos we get are AHG's) and you sigh and call them an idiot)
haha I don't reply with more than a dirty look.

- when you eat eggs for breakfast every day for a week just to have another crate for the woodies tub.
- your fruit and vegies shopping consists only of what would be classed as staples for your dragon.
- you order food to be delivered, not because you don't want to cook but because you need a few more takeaway containers.
- you encourage your girlfriend to look in Jewellery shops, just so you can drool over the display cases and not their contents.
- when you visit your parents for the weekend and your Mum has a tub of free range insects waiting, that she has been collecting all week.
- when you visit your parents for the weekend and your Dad has a pile of hollow logs that he has put aside from wood cutting and you get to decide which ones burn and which sit in the yard for 6mths drying out.

that'll do for now.

When you are out on a walk and you hear a rustle in a bush and instantly think LIZARD.

This one is for the ladies- flirting with the new cute guy working at the reptile store ;-)

Designing new possible ideas for fanciers enclosures, and one day planning on opening an enclosue business

Endlessly browsing gumtree for possible cheap reptiles being sold from people who dont know what there doing and dont know how much they are worth ;-)

getting the dead rats out the freezer and playing with making kissing noises as i press it up againest mums face, she wasnt pleased one day when i felt extra bored

cooking a gourmet salad for your lizards and then people asking you if your on a diet (excuse me no i do not eat, bok choy, carrot, peas, raw corn, pears and dog food thankyou every much the veggies are bad enough)

The reptile room is the warmest in the house by far.

Endlessly browsing gumtree for possible cheap reptiles being sold from people who dont know what there doing and dont know how much they are worth ;-)
Yep, thats how I got my pink tongues :)
Only downside is if the person doesnt know what theyre doing the reptile may be in poor condition (luckily I didnt encounter that problem.)

i 'save' some reptiles that way, you get them cheap and some are fairly easy to clean up and bring back to health. i only had one like this and he was ok.

You make up your own Rorschach ink-blot tests out of your BHP's stripes pattern.

Friend 1: "I see a scorpion"
Friend 2: "I see a monkey hanging by its tail"
Me: "I see two people throwing a baby"

...how many of you are going to go try that now? =P ... Look for shapes, not throwing a baby that is <.< >.> ;)

^^ I recently discovered a bear face on my Jungles head. Confirmed today by a friend.

You know you are a reptile keeper when you have dreams about going to a made-up-in-your-head pet shop. [last night for me- I can remember the Albino's vividly]

You're not phased that fb deleted your account for "overusing" the deactivate option...because you spend all your time on here anyway...even when nothing new is happening. Though i guess that really means "thank God uni is back, and now Ill get off the computer" more so than keeping reps...

Last edited:
You make up your own Rorschach ink-blot tests out of your BHP's stripes pattern.

Friend 1: "I see a scorpion"
Friend 2: "I see a monkey hanging by its tail"
Me: "I see two people throwing a baby"

...how many of you are going to go try that now? =P ... Look for shapes, not throwing a baby that is <.< >.> ;)
I do that with my woma and I pick out graffiti style letters on my Darwin het

when you're sitting at your sisters lappy typing this and theres a tupperware lady setting up for a tupperware party that hasn't realised yet that you have a real live living lizard on your chest who has stranger danger awareness!!!

when the topic you're graphing during a life science statistics graph is rat growth rates under various conditions...and you keep trailing off everytime you see/hear the word "rat" and think about feeding your snakes.
no doubt the tutor thought I was retarded when he was discussing the program with me and I kept giving him a blank look.

When you think its perfectably acceptable to ask a girl if the would like to see your Python :D

when you have to check on the 'kids' during the ttupperware party because watching someone make a ham and tomato fritatta is making you hungery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back