You think cats are bad for Aussie Wildlife??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dintony

Reaction score
Look at what my 19 month old son bought in to us yesterday!!

We took it straight back outside and it flew off into a tree :)

Nooooo idea how he managed to get it!

He was VERY proud tho and cried when it flew off :shock:

Attachments

• birdy.jpg
    birdy.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 140
now that is an effort i wonder how he did it.

it must have been a bloody good catch! lol, fantastic reflexes! (am I allowed to say bloody?)

watch out some people here will start telling you to lock you kid up
great looking bird and good effort from your son

that's crazy, 19 months. pretty cute, gladf it flew away unscathed

Don't worry.... I'll put a collar with a bell on him!! LOL

cool thats means we will all be safe. :)
my best friends son managed to some how bring a penguin back from phillip island in the car a 4 hr trip they found out that night when they went into the bathroom to find out what all the fuss was over and found their son trying to bath it. they rang the penguin place up there and they thought she was talking about a stuffed toy and told them to post it ha ha
they had to drive it back

I know.... All I heard was... "Muuuuum....he's got a bird!!!!!!! Muuuummmmm QUICK!! It's alive!! MUUUMMMM!!!"

Couldn't believe my eyes!

Thinking it must have hit the window and was a bit dazed.

The little dog was tied up and the big dog (big big dog...great dane) is scared of anything like that... even frogs!

LOL thats crazy, nice little bird and a funny story :)

is that a king fisher?... it looks like it too me... im not that great with birds...your little boy is quiet the fast one

cool thats means we will all be safe. :)
my best friends son managed to some how bring a penguin back from phillip island in the car a 4 hr trip they found out that night when they went into the bathroom to find out what all the fuss was over and found their son trying to bath it. they rang the penguin place up there and they thought she was talking about a stuffed toy and told them to post it ha ha
they had to drive it back

hhahaha best story ever!

What a nice coloured bird... I wonder how he did it.
Maybe he would benefit from having a a budgie in the family? *shrug*

The bird is a Sacred Kingfisher.

Regards,
David

I hope the bird is ok. Quite often we find kingfishers just sitting on the ground & allow us to pick them up. They can fly but not strong - I let one go in our house. He seemed to be ok so I opened the door and let him out only to watch him fly 3 houses up into a backyard and taken by their dog :cry: I was really upset, should not have let him go, knowing how easy I picked him up to begin with :(

Guarantee his first word will be "Crikey" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back