young beardie problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc1992

Reaction score
im worried about one of my central beardie hachies from this season there about 7 weeks old now and 2 are fine and healthy showing alot of colour etc. but the third suffered a half tail nip from a clutch mate, and from what i can see now his tail is looking fine but hes literally all dark all the time, and hardly likes to bask and shows a slow feeding response to small crickets, however i have made sure he is defacating every 2 or so days.
any help into why hes dark and wether this is his tail affecting his mood's and or causing him stress, like being afraid of the other lizards. would be muchly appreciated:)
tom cleveland

i would suggest putting him in a different tank and see how he goes (if you have one)
tanks can be expensive

but my guess is that
he may be scared of the others like you said.

and for the feeding i would put him into a tub on his own while feeding him.

have a good one mate
Chris

thanks buddy il update the thread if i see a change in his feeding and color and behaviour after putting him into another 2 foot tank. thanks for the help

The third guy giving you trouble still Tom? I would do what Chris suggests and stick him in his own tub as much as you can (and especially at feed time). I would suggest giving him some serious heat to try and kick him on as well.

no problems dude im just glad i can help

good luck with him hope everything turns out the best for yas.

hey guys yeah hes doing better but im just not satisfied hes fully settling in, just as he acting odd around the other 2 beardies, i meen hes still eating and defacating fine, just a little slow, thats all, his in his own 2 foot tank now hope he becomes more active and can eventually be re-introduced with the other 2 lizards. hey premier pythons, the other two are showing remarkable colours iv got to say, a bright red circle on the middle of there back's and yellow- orangish stripes around them, pics will follow:)

He was obviously being dominated by the others and should be kept seperate at least untill you can confirm their sexes. Dragons that are bullied by cage mates usually slow / stop their food intake and that will lead to calcium issues thus making the situation worse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back