Young Pygmy BD not eatting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkosta

Reaction score
Hi guys my mate has a 6 month old Pygmy BD that is behaving odd. It has been brumating for the past 3-4 weeks and now it is awake but has not ate anything in the last 4 days. He has not gone back into the hide and just digs around and sleeps in a different spot every night.

I believe that this BD is to young to be brumating and I wanna know if anyone else has had the same issue before. My adult pair did not have this issue so I am unsure on what to do.

The lights and heat are still at the same setting as summer and the hot spot temp is sitting around 33 - 35 degree.

If anyone can help please let me know as we are getting a bit worried about this BD.

Thank,
Andy

i too would be interested to hear the answers, i'm new to lizards and two weeks ago i adopted two Pygmys, approx 7 - 8 months old, the male seems to be exhibiting identical signs to those above, while the female is stil running around quiet happy, The breeder said it was unusual in one so young but not unheard of.....

I would say dont worry too much if he is hungry he will eat! also try putting up the heat and perhaps placing some tin foil over the top of the enclosure and keep the window closed, maybe that will get him up and go!

Hi I have the same problem my guys are 6 months old also, they have eaten nothin for weeks, i still offer food fresh salads and crix daily but for week no takers , yesterday one actually ate a heap of crix i guess he was hungry!!!

my pygmy is not eating as many crickets atm as he was like 2 weeks ago the other day he had like 5 today he had 1 some days he wont eat them at all but he still eats afair bit of his greens/vegies

try and put it in the warm sun for a bit. not in glass tho. make sure it has access to shade and water. it may not get it's appatite back, but it should pick up some. for a short time anyway. mine are both sound asleep have been for months, haven't eaten since april, but they are old.

I added a little bit more lighting on the weekend, and mine seems to have improved heaps, i was having the same problem and the cold overcast days were making it worse, I just added a slightly brighter basking light, i noticed results within a few hours, i'm not sure if that helps good luck =o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back