Young stimmie too cold?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty. P

Reaction score
Hey guys first post, just curious as to why my young wheatbelt stimmie spends all his time in his warm hide. Temperature sits on 32 and can reach 35 on hot days. Is he too cold or just loves this hide?
Cheers guys ✌️

Welcome to the forum. How long have you had your stimmie? And is it in a plastic tub or an enclosure? And how old is it?

4 weeks, enclosure. It’s coming up to 9 months. Classic enclosure, light one end warm the other. Water bowl on the cold side some plants and tunnels etc etc

I would suggest it's hiding away because it's unsure in its new home. Is the enclosure glass or timber/melamine? Is it in a high traffic are of your home? These things could make your python feel unsafe. Has it eaten since you've had it?

Beautiful snake, great temperment loves coming out for a look around. Sheds fine eats amazingly. Of a night when she wakes up she knocks on the glass when he wants to be handled

D783127A-22E3-4868-B142-74F3B3FB87AC.jpeg

It the age old: just because you don't see it happen doesn't mean it never does!

If I walk into my Stimmie's room, 90% of the time he's hiding away. If i go in there at a odd hour (say 2 or 3 in the morning), it's almost 100% he's out and about.

She is in my room so I can see her every night. She’s always out and about after around 9

She is in my room so I can see her every night. She’s always out and about after around 9

I'm confused. You say she's always out and about, and above you say she's at the glass. Why are you worried about it being in its hide then?

I think you misread my concerns. I’m worried she wants it hotter but it’s already reaching 35 on hot days.

She’s always on the hot side of the tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Where they hide at any given time has a lot to do with what's going on at the current time... My spotted hasn't moved from the warm end 35 degrees in the daylight hours since eating a large hopper mouse on Thursday night. It moves about briefly after dark. My Stimmie, right beside the spotted in an exactly the same setup is in blue and going to shed any time now and has remained curled up on the cool side, (25 degrees currently) for most of the daylight hours, shifting to the warm side just before dawn for an hour or so. To me, yours sounds o be behaving totally normal and as long as your temp readings are accurate and what you say they are, I wouldn't be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back