Young Wild Beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentess

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Boyfriend and I found this guy on the side of a dirt road... as we pulled over so I could take a photo of the landscape.

He was about 50cms away from the front tyres so we shooed him from the road in case he found his end.

Was only a small critter, I'd say a year or two old. Not sure though.

Attachments

• P5020119.JPG
    P5020119.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 237
Gosh I've been reading you're posts where do you live? you seem ot find HEAPS of wild reptiles! LOL!

Very cute beardie though =-)

Thats a nice looking eastern. He would be about 6 - 1yo old by looking at the photo.

Love Easterns my fav type of dragons :)

I recently worked at Somersby. We has a creek running along our boundary. There was a generator shed that was warm, with a light outside the door that attracted moths.

We always had a couple of easterns hanging around. I would share my fruit with them.

Looks to be a little female, could be much older than you expect, they don't always grow as quick in the wild..

Looks to be a little female, could be much older than you expect, they don't always grow as quick in the wild..

How on earth do you know its female just from a head / upper body shot. Im very intrigued

Gosh I've been reading you're posts where do you live? you seem ot find HEAPS of wild reptiles! LOL!

Very cute beardie though =-)

Live about 10mins out of town on the Central Eastern Coast of Queensland. AKA Capricorn Coast. =]

Nice shoot, what other herps do you get around your area?
Thanks Tim.

We get just about anything.

Carpets, Browns, Copperheads, Small-Eyed's, some awesome variations of little skinks and geckos, Spotteds, Tree Snakes... all sorts of herps. =]

I would love to know of an official list, but that's just what I've seen around recently.

Might go see if I can get an official species list of my area. =]

Thats a nice looking eastern. He would be about 6 - 1yo old by looking at the photo.

Love Easterns my fav type of dragons :)

They're cute little guys.
From my experience they're very placid when they're older.
I held a huge male some time not too long ago and he was content just to sit there leaning against my chest in the sunshine.

I recently worked at Somersby. We has a creek running along our boundary. There was a generator shed that was warm, with a light outside the door that attracted moths.

We always had a couple of easterns hanging around. I would share my fruit with them.

Haha. That's cute. ^-^

Thanks.
Well I knew they didn't grow as fast in the wild and that's why I said I wasn't sure on the age. :)

How on earth do you know its female just from a head / upper body shot. Im very intrigued

I'd like to know too...
But I'm guessing it's some sort of colouring, pattern or head shape that only a true Beardie pro could pick up immediately. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back