Young Wild Beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, can you tell me of any other yellow-bellied black species?
Cause i saw a fresh dead one on the road.

Yes,Common Tree Snakes in that area in particular are often Black on top, and yellow below.
However have a slender build, and don't particularly resemble copperheads (Austrelaps sp)
In the heavily wooded areas, the Brown snakes and Taipans are fairly consistently much
dark on top, near black.. with lighter bellies.. within that same region.

Yes,Common Tree Snakes in that area in particular are often Black on top, and yellow below.

Looking at pictures of them on Google right now, and I can certainly tell you it wasn't one of them!
Anymore you can think of?
Thanks. =]

Only other one that looks anything similar to it is an Inland Taipan.

But yeah. They're also not from around here... accordingly.

Could possibly have been an escaped pet?
I'm not sure, but it certainly wasn't mangled, just run over through the middle so I got a good look at it.

Last edited:
However have a slender build, and don't particularly resemble copperheads (Austrelaps sp)
In the heavily wooded areas, the Brown snakes and Taipans are fairly consistently much
dark on top, near black.. with lighter bellies.. within that same region.

Ah, you added an edit... didn't see it till just then, sorry.

Hmm... wasn't a brown snake, the scales were too large I think.
I'm leaning more towards the Taipan... but I can tell you now that this guy was black/gray with yellow underside and was certainly a large headed elapid... I looked into it's eyes with sympathy. =[

Copperheads live in cold areas, they approach some warmer coastal areas in NSW but stay around highland areas or swamps or preferably both where it's cooler.

Copperheads live in cold areas, they approach some warmer coastal areas in NSW but stay around highland areas or swamps or preferably both where it's cooler.

Yeah, thanks for that.
Not sure what that snake was... got me puzzled.

I get bucket loads of beardies around my place. I live a few hours away from sydney, near a country town called Kurri Kurri.

eastern water dragons would have to be the most common lizard in my area, there are countless amounts of them near Paluma.

They're cute little guys.
From my experience they're very placid when they're older.
I held a huge male some time not too long ago and he was content just to sit there leaning against my chest in the sunshine.

Dam straight my dragons are Easterns, there needs to be more eastern beardie love on these forums, too many people are focused on centrals, Easterns is where its at. :p

eastern water dragons would have to be the most common lizard in my area, there are countless amounts of them near Paluma.

Ah yeah... Those guys are rad. ^-^

Only seen a couple wild ones though.

Dam straight my dragons are Easterns, there needs to be more eastern beardie love on these forums, too many people are focused on centrals, Easterns is where its at. :p

All beardies are cute though, lol!
But yeah I haven't seen much about the Easterns on the forums.

I agree.. Easterns are awesome.. I've got one eastern and one central, the Eastern is a much nicer animal all round...

I agree.. Easterns are awesome.. I've got one eastern and one central, the Eastern is a much nicer animal all round...

Agreed, a Central straight off is very placid, although it does not take long for the eastern to become the same. I found my central to be quite boring when ever I took him out he would just sit there and relax, my Eastern is very inquisitive and I always get a good laugh when ever I take him just just because of his nature and what he does.

Its funny watching him calculate a jump for three minutes then jump only to not even make it half way across, Easterns are more bang for your buck not only on the interactive side but also quite entertaining.

Hello

Hello,

Oh I totally agree! :D
I LOVE Barbatas, but I am in the US! We only get centrals, & rankins here.
Can someone send me one via airmail? :lol: Too bad you can't, I would love to get one.
They are georgeous.
How many colors do they come in, have you seen some with reddish coloring? I have talked to a few people over there who said that there are some Barbatas with a little color.
Great picture of the Eastern in the grass.

Tracie

Agreed, a Central straight off is very placid, although it does not take long for the eastern to become the same. I found my central to be quite boring when ever I took him out he would just sit there and relax, my Eastern is very inquisitive and I always get a good laugh when ever I take him just just because of his nature and what he does.

Its funny watching him calculate a jump for three minutes then jump only to not even make it half way across, Easterns are more bang for your buck not only on the interactive side but also quite entertaining.

Hahaha... jump & fails are cute.

Hello,

Oh I totally agree! :D
I LOVE Barbatas, but I am in the US! We only get centrals, & rankins here.
Can someone send me one via airmail? :lol: Too bad you can't, I would love to get one.
They are georgeous.
How many colors do they come in, have you seen some with reddish coloring? I have talked to a few people over there who said that there are some Barbatas with a little color.
Great picture of the Eastern in the grass.

Tracie

It's lucky that you can have imported reptiles over there - illegal here.
But I'm happy with our local species anyway. :D

I don't think that Easterns usually sport vivid colours.
They're usually just different variations of browns (some with dark and some light).
But I can imagine that there'd be a few out there with a bit of colouring.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back