Youngin enclosure help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilleni

Reaction score
I have a hatchie carpet python, living in a 300x200x100mm Tub ATM..

What i wanna know is, when he out grows the tub, what do i put him in?

Should he go into a t foot tank that will only last a while or a 3 foot tank?

How long before i could put it in an "adult suitable enclosure"?

I dont wanna have to build too many enclosures as it grows up..

What does everyone else do?

Adult enclosure with lots and lots of hides but the general rule is for an 8foot python a 4foot enclosure is required with hight as per the type of python.

Either that or just get a bigger tub 10$ at the warehouse these are things you can always use for your next hatchy.

At what size do you think it will have out grown this tub?

twice the length of the tub (2 foot) would you say?

Thanks for ya help mate, Reed.

umm well the hight and width is the only thing i can see to be a problem length wise i would say 1.5 feet at the most dont push the hatchies they need growing room.

Buying/building more tanks just gives you a good excuse to get more herps to fill them! LOL

i would go with rennie. building is much more better..

I have just recently put my 2 month old hatchy olive in an enclosure that is 1500 long x 800 high x 600 deep. The little fella might be about 1 to 1 1/2 foot long. I have a few hides located around the enclosure. I don't see him much during the day, but he is out nearly every night and eats everything i put in front of him. Which suggests to me he is happy in there. My advice is that if you can afford to set up an adult size enclosure give the little fellow a go in it. If they don't settle in in a week or so, put them back in a smaller one. But that is just me. Good luck with it
Joel

Thanks mate, think thats what i'll do..

I'll make a substantial enclosue that will last a couple of years at least, and just give the snake alot of hides..

Thanks everyone, Reed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back