Your New Mods

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never was quick enough at calling shot gun :)
I want nanny #9 - it's got a nice ring to it,

Jax you get the title of "Super Nanny". Here is your new avitar :)

View attachment 273496

- - - Updated - - -

Shotgun lucky nanny #7.. lol,

I dont think anyone will be abusing any powers.. just keen to help things run smooth and smite the evil spammers with the might of our keyboards... mu ha ha ha

Yeah I just remember when someone was made a mod last time and they went on a post deleting rampage for awhile.... The last 6 months there havent been too many deleted posts. Much better I say...

ROFL you're right, there is 10 ! Admin snuck another one in while we were sleeping !
10 is a nice even number :)
For anyone who is now confused here is the list of the new "nannies" and the forums they will be primarily responsible for
8ybapypu.jpg

As much as I like the idea of being a 'super nanny' I think i will stick with my DIY badge thanks

Last edited:
I will bring that up for you.

Thank you muchly for that.
kCAUwcFykZ62bF6nrWezO6OFnyiBiAhjtvM0N6HWm1U6Kgk5ACVAq1MgfV5o88Zy5mnEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Originally Posted by SniperCap
Might be an idea to suggest the guys go through the support center and log a ticket as well so these are logged correctly? In the support section of the site they have asked users to log these sort of requests there.

I think Sniper has a good point (I have a long way to go till I can well and truly say I know the ropes.

Thanks I'll submit a ticket with support about the issue. Sorry if I sounded melodramatic about the issue. It is just something I feel somewhat strongly about since I very much enjoy the field herp forum, and since its implementation am enjoying the ID forum too. And the proper moderation of these sections will keep them this great place, that's something I'd like to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that GP, that was just in the general discussion section, That wouldn't happen if we were to report a post. Anyone has an issue with this happening please send me a PM and I'll do what I can.

Phew ! I've only been at this 12 hours, & I can already appreciate just how much hard work and effort Fay, Colin & IGF put into keeping things running smoothly. Much respect to them for that.

As for me, I am just thankful to have been given the opportunity to give something back to a community that has given me so much.

As for me, I am just thankful to have been given the opportunity to give something back to a community that has given me so much.
its good to see you put your hand up for the job rob , your one of the people i first thought would be good for the job when i seen the thread , good luck to all the new mods

its good to see you put your hand up for the job rob , your one of the people i first thought would be good for the job when i seen the thread , good luck to all the new mods

Cheers Thomas. We're committed to giving it our best shot !

"Maybe I might be inspired to post in this forum again."

Maybe I might too ...... if all members were to use their real names instead of aliases and declared their real age. I think I am out of luck here.

"Maybe I might be inspired to post in this forum again."

Maybe I might too ...... if all members were to use their real names instead of aliases and declared their real age. I think I am out of luck here.

What do you mean by that pal?

Kindest regards

Noah (age 950)

:) if you want to know how old I am I'm 52 and Luvin it ! Mentally I'm around 30 something - physically I feel 40 most days, some days it's closer to 80. Age is like time - irrelevant if you don't watch the clock, I've seen young ones with more intelligence and common sense than a lot of 35yr olds who behave like kindergarten kids.
As for my name - its Jax, ok it's not the name on my driver license but its what everyone knows me by, here and in real life. I have never changed my username to hide from anyone and it sounds like you're making a very generalized statement about users here.
Part of the forum culture is to make up usernames - like WaterRat. Some choose to disclose their names others don't. There are bigger things to be concerned about than this. Like users being abused by keyboard warriors. Names and ageism are the least of the things that should stop you from posting !

Jax :)

I see Fay has returned to the helm. Things weren't getting wobbly already were they? :D

A good move I would've thought.

I see Fay has returned to the helm. Things weren't getting wobbly already were they? :D

back to being a super mod ;) take that regular forum specific mods :)

I for one would love to see WaterRat back and posting on the forum, I miss his/her knowledgeable posts. We as mods can’t make people show their real name or age, we can however do our best to police the forum.

If you don’t like something that has been posted, hit the report button and we will get to it ASAP.
That goes for everyone on APS don’t get involved just report it and we will deal with the person in the wrong, that way it is only them we have to deal with. It makes our lives easier and APS more pleasant if things are done that way.

Timm

I for one would love to see WaterRat back and posting on the forum, I miss his/her knowledgeable posts. We as mods can’t make people show their real name or age, we can however do our best to police the forum.

If you don’t like something that has been posted, hit the report button and we will get to it ASAP.
That goes for everyone on APS don’t get involved just report it and we will deal with the person in the wrong, that way it is only them we have to deal with. It makes our lives easier and APS more pleasant if things are done that way.

Timm

I think you make a good point, there may be a number or semi professional baiter's on this site who specialize in being controversial just to draw a reaction. My advice don't get involved, hit the report button and the antagonist party will be dealt with appropriately

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Hey Everyone I would like to wish the new mods the best of luck and thank them for all the hard work they will be doing keeping all us bad children in check.
The past is the past and the new horizon is looking good.

back to being a super mod ;) take that regular forum specific mods :)

Please be careful with your wording. You sound like you are inferring we are incompetent and you aren't in possession of all the facts. We, as a group, are happy to have Faye join us, her experience and knowledge will be invaluable while some of us find our feet.

Hey Everyone I would like to wish the new mods the best of luck and thank them for all the hard work they will be doing keeping all us bad children in check.
The past is the past and the new horizon is looking good.

thank you Sutto, people will probably think we are being tough when they see the increased infractions and warnings, but you will need to remember that we are now a team of 10 rather than a team of 3, so we can cover more forums, more often and hopefully keep things on track

Last edited:
Please be careful with your wording. You sound like you are inferring we are incompetent and you aren't in possession of all the facts. We, as a group, are happy to have Faye join us, her experience and knowledge will be invaluable while some of us find our feet.
please take what i said how it was intended , as a joke ;):)

Not what I meant at all Jaxrtfm. It has been quite a seismic shift on the forum these last few days and I think it is good that Fay is still on board. I think the thread started on the blue tongue for sale by a non subscriber and Fay's intervention was a perfect example of that. It will undoubtedly take you all some time to find your feet, and I wish you all the best.

Regards

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back