Your opinions on Exo Terra products.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
Hey all

so I'm getting a few geckos in a weeks time.
Wanted to know what are your opinions on Exo Terra Terrariums and their other products?

They are quite pricey for what they are, and they don't come in a big enough range of sizes, but I love my exo-terras. All of mine I've gotten cheap secondhand though.
I keep two young pythons and a gecko in the ones I've got set up at the moment, I find them much better than other glass terrariums.

I do agree they are very pricey, but they do have a nice look about them.

I have found their hides to be reasonable and look better than others. I have a heat mat but that was a rush buy as one stuffed up. It work great though just a little more than others.

Yeah the hides are very nice they are better than others, What are the heat mat's like?

Heat mat works well, can't fault it. Just a little more pricey but I did buy it from a pet shop! Though I have seemed to buy them all from the pet shops! Damn impulse buying!

- - - Updated - - -

Heat mat works well, can't fault it. Just a little more pricey but I did buy it from a pet shop! Though I have seemed to buy them all from the pet shops! Damn impulse buying!

The onlty thing I can fault exo terra for is the price tag. All of their stuff is great! You can find the same style enclosures for a cheaper price though...

Best glass enclosures on the market in my opinion. Great quality and don't look/feel cheap like all the other brands. Absolutely love them.

The onlty thing I can fault exo terra for is the price tag.

You pay for quality...

I still have about 80 exoterras - love them but wish the wider ones were available when I was purchasing mine. I can't comment on the price as I buy mine wholesale which is at least 60% off.

What do you use the heat mat for?
Used it for my bredli then one of my Darwin until they went into bigger enclosures around 1 year old. Then I used it for a WA sand Scorp till I got rid of it. Now just sitting in my garage

- - - Updated - - -

Best glass enclosures on the market in my opinion. Great quality and don't look/feel cheap like all the other brands. Absolutely love them.

You pay for quality...
I always say you pay for quality! Took some time for the mrs to work that out!

Personally I wouldn't (and don't) keep snakes in them. But they are great for lizards.

I would hope you got them for at least 60% off with the amount you have/had, Dan! I don't envy your cleaning day though...lol

There glass is a heaps thicker then other brands instead of using 1mm glass the exo terras are like 10mm.

Measurements are not actual measurements.

Though In saying that to tops of the enclosure aren't so great mainly
The plastic beam it seems to melt and
Bend inwards...

Been using them for years and never had that problem, Marzy...

Anything emmitting heat should not be in contact with the plastic bits at all - make sure it's only on the mesh.

I've got a few water bowls and hides - They look the goods and are of good quality. Their IR globes last me 7+ months on a switching stat. Not the cheapest on the market, but when they last that long I'm not complaining.

By far the best enclosures on the market , nothing else really comes close. If you have things that can fit out small gaps get an exo terra. Well made and as already stated materials are better too.
Every other brand of similar enclosure has huge gaps in places. Most of the critters i keep are small and can get out of most of the other brands.
I have had adult oedura get through the gaps around the lid clips of the URS versions.

The lids will only warp if you place a heat light directly onto the plastic. I have had that happen but that was my fault.

As stated sure they cost more but you do get value for money.

I love them, as Butters just said they are perfect for smaller species due to the gap size of the door.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the only other issue I have had with them is that cats like to sit on top of them to try to get to the occupants. I had the mesh on one nearly cave in because of one of the cats. "child-safe" mouse traps fixed that right up though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back