your opinions please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prawnstar

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey all
my little girl (coastal carpet) was due for her second feed here yesterday has been 9 days since her last feed and she has been feeding every 7 - 10- so i got some pinkies from the shop, brought them home and defrosted one to see if she was hungry

- i waved it in front of her face and she took it straight away, so i defrosted a second one and she took that also ( she has been eating 2 pinkies a feed)

My other half text me today while at work and said that she had either pooed or regurgitatd them both back up today(they had a bit of poop and what looked like a sac around the pinkies)

Now last night the power went out for about 2 hours and her cage dropped from 28( top corner) to round the 24 mark. And she has been starting to look a little cloudy skin wise over the last dayor so.

When my missus lifted the baby up to clean out the paper, the little girl climbed up and onto the hook and straight onto her arm and proceeded to weave in and out of her fingers, so she was clearly not distressed by what had happened.

Is it possible that the drop in temperature has caused this regurge/poop or did she just eat cause the food was there/or is she coming into a shed and didnt want the food in her guts.

Could be a variety of reasons, the food may not have been defrosted properly, the night time temp could have sigalled he may not be able to digest it. Doubt it would have anything to do with the shed as a lot of pythons eat as they are shedding well just before.

Could also be an internal matter. Give him another feed in a week and see

thanks for the reply pugs - im pretty sure it would have been the temp change myself as she fed well last time round and has been rather happy cruising round her cage since it happened

I'd say a little of both.

snakes will gurg food they cannot process.
a snake having a full belly coming up to a shed would be stressful, and stress, often is the cause of gurg.
generally nothing to worry about. (assuming it's only once in a blue moon)

I suggest leaving it at least 10 days before trying to feed again if the python has regurged. (After shed ideally as well) as regurging upsets the acidic balance in their stomachs & it can take a while to go back to normal.

This is only from what I've read (never had a regurge probem with my pythons - yet *Touch wood*) so any, more experianced people want to add to this?

Kath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back