Your Photo Galleries

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok folks! We are now getting the new Gallery (V2) operational.

In order for you to have an operational photo gallery of your own, you will need to go into Gallery v2 at least once so that your username and password are automatically generated in this Gallery module.

I have moved all the albums from the Archived Albums into the new gallery. However, before I can apply permissions settings to each album so that you can add or edit your photos, you need to visit the gallery at least once.

Once you have visited the gallery, please add a post here and I'll change your permissions as soon as I can. Once your post is deleted from this thread, you will know that your permissions have been set and you can start adding or editing your album.

There is a 20MB limit to the total size of photos stored here, so it is in your best interest to keep those file sizes down.

Anyone who's album is NOT in the new gallery is probably the victim of the corruption of the old gallery. Post here and I'll create a new album for you as soon as I can.

You can add your own album if your old one isn't there. When you do so, you will be presented with a "settings" page. The name of the album should be your username on the site. The "title" should also be your username. If you are unsure about the other settings, then don't touch them! :) :shock:

Remember: You can have 1 (ONE) album only, but you can create sub-albums within your main album. You cannot add items until You have advised me here and I have adjusted your permissions so that you can add photos!

Don't change any settings if you are unsure of the function!

There are some rogue albums that used to be someone's sub albums. If you recognise one of these as being yours, please PM me with the name of it and I'll move it into your new album.

Ok, I think I have a handle of the permissions for this new gallery software! :oops:

People who have previously posted here should now have full permissions to their own albums now.

If you want the same access, or a new album created for you, post here. When the post is deleted, the changes requested will have been done.

Thanks for your patience whilst we have been getting it up and running.

I have an old backup of the galleries which can be examined at http://www.davidlutz.com/albums/. If your album does not contain these photos and you would like them moved into your album, please PM me with full details. You will need a password to access this page, so PM me if you are interested and I'll let you in. Remember: I can't copy them unless you have visited your Personal Gallery at least once, as the system needs to automatically generate your username and password in the Gallery software. This is achieved by simply visiting the Gallery once.

We are searching for other old backups and I'll advise you here if any are found and have been uploaded to the above address/URL.

The link at the bottom of this post lists details the current status of the access permissions, etc., of the Personal Galleries as at 16.1.06 3pm.

Column 1 - all the registered users who have visited the Personal Galleries since we recently introduced the new software.
Anyone in this list who wants an album created should simply PM me.

Column 2 - These users have albums and have had permissions set up so that they can add photos, create sub-albums, etc. now.

Column 3 - These users have albums have been created and/or successfully imported from the old galleries, but who have not visited the Gallery pages. This is necessary for us to be able to change permissions so that they can start using their albums. By clicking your own username in this list, you should be taken into your album and automatically create the username and password for the gallery. Once this is done, PM me or use the Contact Us link to have your permissions changed. Note that this is not essential if you don't plan to update your album! We'll still enjoy looking at your photos! :) This applies to ex-members as well. If ex-members would like to have their albums removed, they should use the Contact Us link (at left).

Column 4 - Stray albums. Click each link to view the album. If you recognise it as yours, PM me or use the Contact Us link on the menu at left.

Anyone who doesn't appear in any of these lists does not have an album in the new Photo Gallery.

If you would like a Personal Album to share your photos with the rest of the community, you should FIRST visit the gallery http://www.aussiepythons.com/module-pnGallery2-main-g2_view-core.ShowItem-g2_itemId-26573.html and THEN PM me or use the Contact Link to request an album. We may be able to recreate missing albums from a backup..... but no promises! If we create the album with no photos, it most likely means we couldn't find your backup.

As my annual holidays finish today (sob!) I won't have as much time to spare, so please be patient after advising me of changes required - I WILL get to it as soon as I possibly can!

http://www.davidlutz.com/aps/albumstatus3.htm

The latest pics that were found and added to my gallery are owned by the admin. I wish to delete some of these pics. Sorry if this has been explained in one of the gallery threads. Thanks in advance David :)

[Admin] All users have full rights to their own albums.

To reassign permissions to you, try clicking on Permissions and then enter your username in the Owner box and make sure that "Apply new owner to sub-items". That should do the trick. ;-)

Hopefully I am not too late :0 I have been away last week, would like to post some pics if i can get my permission set.

Skorpious : should be ok for you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back